Uncharted Regions

Shiro sat by Novae's side as she lay unconscious in the Atlas infirmary. She had been unconscious since coming back to the Atlas with the others some time ago along with Allura, who had yet to wake up as well.

He gently clasped her hand with his left one, able to feel the warmth from her hold and feel at ease just from her touch.

Just then, Keith came into the room and took a seat next to Shiro.

"How's she doing?" He asked.

"Novae's stable for the time being. She's breathing and both of her hearts are beating." Shiro answered, "I'm just glad that she's still alive. She didn't die again, and that's a good thing."

"Yeah, it really is." Keith smiled.

As Shiro and Keith sat next to Novae's bedside, they didn't know that Novae was having an internal conversation with Zaurelia about a very important topic.

~~~~~

Novae sat on the grass, her mindscape being created to resemble the fields she would play in with her brothers and sisters as children. She smiled as she picked a flower that bloomed by her feet, breathing in the sweet scent she loved for so long.

Just then, she felt someone take a seat next to her. Novae didn't need to look beside her to know who was there.

"Zaurelia... what do you think is next for us?" Novae asked.

Zaurelia sighed and picked a flower of her own, the petals turning a shining shade of gold.

"I know what is in store for me, Young Star. However, your future is in your hands. Your feet will be the ones to take the next step on your path towards your future. It will be your eyes that sees the light on that path."

Novae nodded and fiddled with the flower, "So then I take it that the deed is done? Everything has been arranged?"

Zaurelia nodded, "Everything is according to plan. This war will end and the universe will be safe from the darkness that terrorized it for over ten thousand years."

"And what of Honerva?"

"It is better that you do not know that part."

"I understand."

"Novaleyia." A new voice said behind them. They both turned to see a shadow of a person.

"I never thought I would see you again, Fifth." Novae chuckled.

The Fifth Death smiled, pulling down her hood to reveal her face to Novae.

"It has been some time, but as you know, we True Deaths are always here. Even if we have been reabsorbed into your soul, we are here within your mind to aid you whenever you need us."

Novae smiled, "I suppose I am far more complicated than I initially thought. So, what is it you wish to speak about with me?"

"Your body has been completely healed from exhaustion. And Takashi Shirogane is awaiting your awakening."

Novae nodded and stood from her spot in the grass, "I shouldn't worry him much longer. He does have a ship to run, and I shouldn't take up more of his time."

"Novaleyia." Zaurelia said standing next to her, "You know full well that Takashi Shirogane would wait for an eternity for you. He loves you with all his heart and soul."

Novae nodded again and smiled softly as her mind became lighter and brighter, signifying that she was regaining consciousness.

~~~~~

On the bridge of the Atlas, the Paladins and Shiro had been called to gather because Honerva sightings were hard to come by. Until finally they had one clear sighting.