The White Lion

Novae, sat on her bed holding a small pillow in her arms while her baby twin siblings lay asleep on her bed by her side. Sitting in a chair by her bedside was her father, smiling gently as his three children as the night came faster than the night stars.

"Well, what story do you want to hear tonight, Novaleyia?" Her father asked.

"I wanna hear about the land of marble protected by the guardian." Novae excitedly said, her father chuckling at her excitement.

"But you've heard that story last night, and the night before that." He said.

"I just wanna hear more. Please, Father?"

By the words she said, how could he refuse to tell that story once more.

"All right, my little starlight. I shall tell you the story about when I arrived in a beautiful land protected by the greatest creature with incredible strength and magic."

Novae settled with the sleeping Orasis and Aromme by her side, ready to hear the story she so loved.

"Now, deep in the universe, where even the stars are hard to see, there is a tunnel of light that pushes out so much energy that it leaves ships useless in its wake."

"But why does it push ships away?" Novae happily asked already knowing the answer.

"Because of the guardian." Her father answered, "The guardian in an incredibly powerful creature that very few have ever seen, but I was able to see it, for it proved me worthy of entering its domain. The guardian's domain was one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the honor of laying my eyes on. The lands were floating on air, made of the purest white marble and the clouds were the softest shade of lilac pink, almost as if the sun was peaking its way through the darkness of the night. And yet, there was no sun. Just light for as far as you can see. And what I found in that land... is something I can never forget."

"What did you see, Father?"

Novae's father leaned closer to his daughter, pressing his forehead against hers.

"The guardian came to me, and did just this to me. I saw the gentleness in its eyes and returned that gentleness. For that, the guardian granted me knowledge far beyond what I could find in the universe."

Novae glanced up at her father, "Do you think maybe one day I can go there, too. I wanna see such a pretty land."

Her father chuckled, "Yes. One day when you're old enough, you will fly across the stars and find this land. If you know what to say to the guardian, it will grant you the answers you need."

"But what answers would I need?"

"Answers that could change how you look at something very important. Just as the stars disappear during the day, you may find that answers are in plain sight though hidden from your eyes."

Novae didn't understand at the time since she was just a little kid, but little did she know back then that her father's words would prove to be helpful in her upcoming battles for universal freedom.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

Novae stirred from her brief rest, sitting in Shiro's paladin seat on the bridge. It was rare that she would sleep like that, but after the trip to Haggar's lair, her mind was too exhausted to keep her body awake.

"So, this magic rock is gonna guide us to a mysterious planet?" Pidge asked Allura breaking Novae from her sleepiness.

Allura was holding the glowing stone in her hands, gently as if it was as fragile as glass.