Escape The Storm

The team stared in shock at the large Galran fleet that had appeared in front of them. However, the Paladins were all too tired to fight. After the mission to Olkarion, both their bodies and minds were exhausted. They were in no shape to take on a fleet this size. Especially not against Zarkon's command ship.

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura asked glaring at the large ship in the center of the fleet.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion." Keith said.

"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone, to your stations. We've got to put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives." Shiro ordered.

Everyone took their places, but because Novae didn't have a seat, she ran over to the control console with Coran to monitor the Castle's statistics.

The Castle shook violently as several fighters began their attack on the Castle.

"That sure is a lot of fighters." Hunk said anxiously, sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them follow us through the wormhole." Shiro asked.

"I can try." Allura said powering the ship's engines. Novae looked down at the power gauges of the Castle's defenses. They were low, and it seemed as if something was broken within the Castle, but she couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly.

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire." Shiro said.

In front of Keith and Lance, holographic handles appeared, allowing them to control small drones equipped with powerful lasers.

"Lance, take the fighters to your three o'clock. Keith, fire on the fighters at low 1 o'clock. Takashi, focus on the fighters downwards and at 3 o'clock." Novae instructed.

"Roger that." The three said, taking out the fighters she said to destroy.

"Hunk, how are the defenses holding?" Shiro asked.

Hunk rubbed his eyes to clear his sight caused by his lack of sleep, checking the energy readings and damage reports to the Castle defenses.

"I don't know. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe? Everything's a blur. I've been up too long. I have tired eyes!" Hunk stammered.

"I know we just came off an intense battle, but we've got to stay focused, just until we jump."

"And when is that?" Keith asked.

"Well, whenever the jump will commence, it has to be soon. Our defenses are down to the thirteen percent." Novae shouted.

"They're still too close! We need to gain more speed!" Coran yelled.

Allura looked around frantically, planning for their escape rapidly in her mind. Suddenly, she gasped and saw her chance.

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura sped the Castle closer to a large nearby moon.

"Allura, what are you doing?" Pidge asked in a panic.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon." Allura explained.

The Castle flew close to the moon and flung itself forward with its gravity.

Coran and Novae looked down at the Castle's power levels and saw that they were ready to jump through a wormhole.

"We're clear to wormhole." Coran said.

"Whenever you're ready, Princess." Novae added.

Allura nodded, closing her eyes and concentrating as hard as she could on opening a wormhole. The wormhole opened quickly and Allura flew the Castle through the entrance immediately.