Chapter Seven: Cerise

Walking down the streets with short hair and another identity is nothing unfamiliar to Cerise; unfortunately, she is recognized by her former friends from Collège Paul Bert. Therefore, she walks in the shadows of Paris. She arrives at her house, opening the door slowly to avoid her mother acknowledging her presence. She walks cautiously upstairs to her room, holding her newfound toy close to her chest and closing the door behind her. The large, long windows display an image of Paris at night, showing the Eifle Tower on full display. She lays down the stolen computer on her bed; she stands tall as she looks at the brooch in her hand before hooking it to her shirt under her jacket. Almost simultaneously, Cerise is met with a bright flashing light behind her. She turns expecting a kwami that she read so much about before becoming involved with Monarch. Instead, she is greeted by a familiar-looking slender man towering over her, dressed in all white, head to toe; he looked ghostly, almost unreal. She shrieks out of pure terror, confused about how this man ended up in her bedroom. She looked around until she saw the kwami shaking in fear a few feet away from him. That's when it clicked who this was, "Gabriel, what are you doing here." She growls, pointing directly at his chest, genuinely puzzled how he even got there. He stands straight and fixes his tie, "Lila Rossi, or whoever you are, whatever your motive may be," he says, reaching out to her, "it isn't worth it; Ladybug is too powerful; you are doomed to fail... Like I was." He croaked, balling his fist, as if he were going to strike her, looking directly into her light brown eyes. Cerise puts her hand over her chest, "Gabriel Agreste, I don't know who this Lila is," She lies innocently, "My only motive is to help protect Parisians from liars like you and Ladybug." She smirks slyly, staring daggers into his lifeless illusion. His eyes widened straightening his posture, "You have been warned," he retorted before fading into thin air.
    Nooroo floats over to Cerise, "Oh joyous, someone who wants to protec-" He starts before being abruptly cut off by Cerise. "Silence, Kwami. I am not here to protect Paris. I'm here to ruin the lives of the people who have crushed me from reaching my goals." She hisses, smirking and staring at her new weapon of destruction. "Call me Mistress, Kwami." Nooroo's face shifted from hopeful to discouraged, noticing history was beginning to repeat itself. "Okay, Mistress. My name is Nooroo, the kwami of transmission. If you wish, th-" He is yet again cut off, all she needed to know was the name, "Nooroo, dark wings rise." She commanded before being transformed into a whole new identity. Her reddish orange jacket has shifted into a purple and silver suit. Covering her face was a silver mask protecting her secret identity. She grasps her cane and twirls it between her hands before laughing maniacally; she has finally begun her reign.
    She looks out her window, feeling an intense negative emotion coming from miles away. She chuckles to herself, "They won't expect it; they're weeks out of practice." she states in between laughter as she releases her first Akuma. "Be free, my akuma, let's assist this poor soul!" She cackles as the Akuma flies out of her open window to her first victim.
    In the bedroom of a child, no older than eight years, sent there by his parents for arguing over watching television with them as an excuse to stay up past his bedtime. The akuma flies through an open window and touches his teddy in his right hand. "Night Owl, I am Chr-" "Monarch? Why do you sound like a girl? Didn't Ladybug defeat you?" The boy questioned. Cerise groans, "Do not compare me to that lizard with wings; I am Chrysalis, someone who wants to help. You want to uncover the truth about what the night looks like in Paris. I will help you if you help me." She demands sternly in a motherly tone for the child to feel comfortable. "I will help you Cry...Crystal.." He stumbles over his words. She rolls her eyes, "Chry-SAL-ES, now retrieve Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses!" She emphasizes smirking at her first victim, even though it was a mere child. "Yes, Chrysalis." He says as he morphs into an adult sized humanistic purple owl with his teddy acting as his weapon of "woke," which shoots a cloud of magic dust that forces everyone to obey his commands.