CHAPTER 10. THE CABIN

*Author's note: This chapter contains mature language, mild violence, and sexual situations.

As I watch Cameron shake hands with Dylan, wave goodbye, and walk up the steps to our aunt's house, my heart starts pounding. The thought of spending the rest of the night all alone with Dylan has my stomach in knots. I'm anxious, but a part of me is also petrified. I've only had sex twice, and both times were with my last boyfriend, Tyler. I thought I loved him too. What if what I'm feeling right now for Dylan isn't love, and it's really just a rebound thing? Maybe we're rushing into this? What if, after I have sex with him, he feels differently about me? What if? ... I suddenly stop myself when I look over at Dylan, and he gives me a reassuring smile. He reaches over and lays his hand on top of mine, and it's as if he senses that I'm conflicted. From that moment on, I push all of my insecurities to the back of my mind and remind myself that he's not Tyler and I'm not the same insecure young girl that I once was. I still have some growing up to do, but right now, I'm okay, and I know what I want.

Every time he glances over my way, goosebumps spread across my body. I've been dreaming about this since I hopped on the back of his bike, and he swept me off of my feet that night. He's so incredibly hot, and just being in his presence makes my hormones go wild. I try to get my mind off of it all by prying a little to try to find out where he's taking me.

"Can I please have a tiny hint where we're going, or do you want it to be a complete surprise?"

"Oh, I want it to be a complete surprise! Trust me, you're going to love it, though!"

I sigh with his quick but firm response as I come to terms with the fact that he's not going to budge at all now. I sink back in my seat, cross my arms, and pretend to sulk.

"Oh Chloe, I have no doubt that you're the one that taught Cameron everything he knows."

He laughs as I wrinkle up my nose at him and scrunch my face together between the palms of my hands, making silly faces as he glances back and forth between the road and my hilarious antics. Maybe he's right. Cameron has always looked up to me, and we're always clowning around together, so to me, it's a compliment.

I love making people laugh. Life's too short to be serious all the damn time.

After driving for a little over an hour, he pulls into a gas station, and as he's filling up his truck, I run inside to grab some snacks for the road. When he finishes, he follows me inside and helps me carry the armful of junk food I've collected while he was busy outside.

The young guy behind the counter looks up and immediately yells out, "Dylan Jacobs! Oh man, can I get your autograph?"

Dylan's face instantly turns as red as the clerk's shirt. He grins back at him and humbly reaches for the pen he's eagerly offering him.

"What's your name so I can personalize it for you?"

"Brian Thomas!"

When the kid slides a Motocross Monthly magazine in front of him that just so happens to have Dylan on the cover, he's beaming from ear to ear. We're both in awe as we watch Dylan carefully sign his name neatly across the front of it.

"Wow! Thanks, man! I was at that last Moto X Freestyle event in LA and saw you land that kiss of death backflip! It was radical, dude! You're one of the best out there right now, and I'm a huge fan!"

"You're welcome, Brian. It was such a pleasure meeting you. I hope I see you at some future events. Thanks for being a fan!"

When Dylan hands him his magazine back, I push all of the junk food I collected up closer to the register for him to ring up.