Chapter 3

Meher:

'Marriage is such a mixed emotion for any woman, she cries because she will have to leave her home where she grew up and her parents. Yet, she smiles with hope that her new life brings on.'

But for me, I was feeling numb. After having taken the pheras and having been declared married, I was seated on the couch while the lunch was going on. I felt no happiness or sadness however the tears that were running down my eyes were not ready to stop.

People around me were finding it absolutely normal, why wont they because according to them I was a woman attached to my parents who is emotional as she will miss them.

My heart had started to feel tight. The slap was replaying in my mind again and again like a broken record. You might be thinking which slap right? Well after getting ready, I tried one more time to convince my family not to get me married....but seems like I tested my grandmother's patience a bit too much that she slapped me so hard that I had a bruise forming and my mother had to cover it with a foundation however I smiled because for the first time my father took a stand for me.

While I was busy in my thoughts I jerked as I herd a masculine voice say "here" while a hand passed me a handkerchief.

A sensation of warmth passed throughout my body as my cold hands touched his big warm ones.

"Thank you" I tried to reply clearly but it came out as a broken croak. 'arghhhh way to embarrass myself ' I thought as my cheeks felt warm.

"It's okay " I heard him say hesitantly before he continued "try taking small deep breaths, it will help you calm down."

A small smile instantly made way to my face. It was funny that a stranger well not anymore my husband was more concerned for me rather than my mother and my family. They literally asked a cousin to tell me to stop or the makeup will get spoiled.

My husband, it is a foreign word to me in fact, he is a foreign person to me. Apart from knowing a few things about him like how good looking he is, his profession, I know nothing about him after all I have just met him once 3 months back after which we are here married.

"Meher puttar, enough now you will fall sick...here drink some water ." said Sukhpreet Aunty while running her hand over my head in the most warm and loving manner that I have ever felt in these 23 years of my existence.

I passed her a smile, slightly sniffling, the love and affection she showed somehow removed a little bit of tightness from my chest.

"Chalo puttar come on both of you lets each lunch, and Meher beta dont worry we all will love you just like your mummy-papa do."said Manyata Aunty his chachi.

Although she meant to comfort me which was kind of her....I could not help but closed my eyes immediately and prayed sincerely to god that they love me not like my family.

Opening my eyes with great difficulty I whispered a ji.

"No nO we will love her more than her mummy papa did...puttar you dont worry come."said Karamveer uncle...and just like that my small smile returned.

We got up but looks like my foot was tangled in my anarkali due to which I was about to trip...why so clumsy Meher I scolded myself while closing my eyes to embrace the anticipated fall, but it never came.

So I peeked with my one eye trying to figure out what happened and for the first time I was lost in his beautiful eyes....so brown and those lashes. His warm hand wrapped around my wrist gently and I could feel his other one holding me from across my back.

I was so lost in observing his gorgeous facial features...those eyes and cheeks ....god took his time and it seems like he made him with patience.

I was quickly jerked into reality after hearing everyone hoot around us....arghhhh again how embarrassing .

Kunal:

For the first time since today she met my eyes.....and I have only one thing to say how pretty she is. I don't smile often because I don't find it necessary, but looking at her closing those beautiful big doe eyes tightly and frowning as she tries figuring out how she escaped her anticipated fall made me smile looking at her cuteness.

And how her chubby cheeks turn red. I helped her stand up" AAram sei" I told her not leaving her small but very cold hand.

Holding her anarkali a little I helped her down towards the table set for us. I decided to keep holding her hand as by now I have realized that she is a little clumsy... well she tripped thrice during the phereas which I again found cute.

However I am really concerned about her...throughout today she has been shivering, jerking at slightest unexpected movements and her hands are awfully cold, I do understand the she might be nervous well I am too but this is a little too much I am diagnosing mild anxiety or maybe my doctor instincts are overthinking. But now she is not eating properly which is concerning me a lot.

Meher:

The lunch looks absolutely delicious all vegetarian and so-so toothsome but I am unable to eat. I have swallowed 2 bites with so much difficulty the reason being because after lunch is my biadai, I am so so scared. Overthinking my life now onwards after I step my foot outside this house which never made me feel like I was theirs. Constantly I am just praying god to protect me....what if they cage me just like my family the thought makes me shiver visibly.

"Chalo beta its time for your vidai" said my mother as she took me to freshen up and change into a new pair of clothes which my inlaws had got for me.

As I was walking through my house up the satires to go to the room, I was remembering my caged life her and how much I wanted to get free. There was no freedom at all, I could make no choices be it big or small. I laughed thinking how I could not even select my one wedding clothes. My grandmother rejected each and every one that I loved.

There was this beautiful red suit with chicken kari embroidered and small embellishments here and there....I loved it so much but dadi did not approve as it was too simple according to her and Rhejas don't wear such clothes.

I was shaking my head remembering such similar incidents where such things have happened to me as I entered my room, but my mouth opened in shock seeing the same suit that I liked so much sitting on my bed with a Kundan set, I went near it and a huge smile made way to my face as I read the note on it which read," welcome to the family puttar ji, lots of love and bleesings the Virks." and for the first time I cried but these were happy tears.

They noted it that I loved this suit....may be this wont be so bad...may be I will be finally loved...may be God has a plan...

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Hi guys....welcome back it has been so so long. Hope you liked it...
Pls like and comment so that I get motivated as it has been so so long
Love you 😘❤️
A