Chapter 2

Night is the time when everything goes serene, there is calmness and a sense of settlement. The dark sky with the twinkling stars provides solace and there are no words to express the serenity that the night silence brings with it.

 It is the night time that one cherishes especially when you have busy days that pass with a blink of an eye. Our very own Dr. Kunal Singh Virk has days like these that pass as they come. In the morning, he starts his work at 10 and spends 5 hours at his clinic, coming home at 3  and again leaves at 5 for his hospital and finally concludes his day at 10.

It is during the nights that he finally finds time for himself. This night was beautiful like usual...pitch black complementing the shiny stars. The weather in the city starting to get chilly with the winter setting in. The gentle breeze was flowing into the room through the net frames of the wall to celling windows, making the curtains flow.

The room was beautifully put. Warm tones, aspects of nature and the wood furniture was making it an escape from the world outside. It was a place where one would want to spend time to relax themself after a stressful day at work. There was a bed with night stands on one side while the opposite wall had a tv in center and a door at the extreme side which happened to be the bathroom cum closet. There was also a study table and bookshelf along another wall, but the doctor's favorite was the sitting arrangement in front of the windows that looked out to the beautiful garden of the house and the society's road.

After coming home from another busy yet satisfying day he changed into his black kurta and tan loi(kind of a men's shawl) his 6 feet body looking devilishly handsome regardless of the fatigue on his face. 

After having dinner with his family who were extremely excited for tomorrow and were still busy in preparations, he came back to his room with a cup of green tea, moving to his bookshelf he ran his long fingers over the spines of the different mystery books he owned, his well built biceps flexing as he picked out another of Agatha Christie's mystery novel and moved to the sheesham tea table and sofa-chair set that was facing the window. Sitting down he started reading the book and sipping his tea, an hour or so had passed when he was reaching the end of the book but as soon as he reached the climax his phone rang breaking the silence of the night and startling him.

Reaching over the table, he retrieved the phone, it was an unknown caller...thinking it must be a patient, he received the call.

" Dr. Kunal Singh Virk." his deep voiced answered.

"Hi Sir I am sorry to disturb you." answered the voice of a frantic man.

"No no its okay... tell me." replied kunal.

"Sir actually my 6 month old daughter is crying a lot , holding her ear and we have just shifted here and there is no doctor we got your number from a friend Kabir who told you could help sir." answered the man.

" Well you need to relax first as babies easily sense distress around them which also makes them panic, so you calm down and I am sending you my address, try and reach there okay." he said his voice calming and assuring the distressed father as he got up.

"Thank you so much sir." he heared the greatful father. "No issues." replying Kunal disconnected the call, picking up his cup and keys he moved out of the room quietly keeping in mind the time and the fact that everyone is sleeping.

He slowly moved into the kitchen to keep the cup. 

"Kunal Puttar" came the sweet and calm voice of his mumma.

"Mumma app soi nahi." He asked after placing the cup on the sink and moving towards her.

"bass ja rahi thi.But are you going somewhere?" she asked seeing the car keys in his hands and moving towards him and placing a palm on his cheek. Although there was a significant height difference, Kunal automatically leaned down towards her warmth.