CHAPTER 19

It had been months since Mia and Tony had been together, neither of them fighting the entire pregnancy. They were the happiest they've ever been and Mia was grateful for that. She was finally happy with her love life and knew this was meant to be.
Mia sat on the couch staring at the tv as a large tub of ice cream sat on top of her big belly. She looked at the door when she heard a knock. The pizza was here. She quickly got up and answered the door, Tony chuckling when she beat him to it.
"You and the baby hungry?" he asked with a smile.
"Starving," she scoffed shutting the door with her foot.
The two went to the kitchen and began to eat, Mia adjusting her engagement ring as the two ate.
"You alright?" He could sense something was wrong as she sat there silently. He looked at her and smiled.
"Yeah, I'm okay," she sighed. "Just stressed."
"And you have every right to be stressed out, but I told you, you'll be okay. I'll be right there with you."
Mia wasn't stressed about having the baby or waking up every other hour. She was stressed because she knew once the baby got here, Jack wouldn't help her with child support. He barely helped her as it was when it came to baby supplies.
"It's the whole Jack thing. It's infuriating that he can go live his life and I'm stuck here pregnant with his child that I didn't even want," she sighed. "I'm just happy you're man enough to be a father to a child that's not yours."
"Me too," he smiled taking her hand in his and kissing it.
Her words made him feel appreciated- he appreciated that she valued his willingness to raise a child that wasn't technically his, but deep down the thought of it also made him anxious. He wasn't sure if he take on the responsibility at the same time.

• • • • • • • • • •

Mia sipped on her warm tea as she relaxed on the couch. Tony was upstairs sleeping- he was filming a movie called The Remains of the Day very soon so he wanted to catch up on sleep. Especially with a baby on the way.
She was at the finish line with her pregnancy. Her body ached and the Braxton hicks became more frequent. She was over it.
She sipped her tea and sighed as she got up, her back killing her. She wobbled to the sink and felt her Braxton hicks were growing stronger. She knew it was time but was in denial.
Maybe some sleep will help.
She wasn't ready for a baby.
Tony stirred in his sleep as he felt the bed shift, Mia's arm wrapping around him.
"You okay?" he asked softly as he rolled over to face her.
"Yeah," she whispered as he kissed her nose. "Tony?"
"Hm?" His eyes were closed as he tried to sleep.
"I think it's time," she whispered.
Without saying a word, he sat up quickly and turned on the lamp, Mia staring at him concerned by his frantic pace.
"Really?" he asked excitedly staring at her with a smile.
"Yes!" Mia laughed rubbing her belly as Tony began packing the bags.

• • • • • • • • • •

Mia laid on the operating table as the doctors preformed her c-section. She stared at the bright light above her as she dissociated. She didn't feel real.
"You're doing a fantastic job," Tony whispered softly noticing her behavior. He kissed her forehead. "He'll be here soon."
"I'm so nervous," she said softly with a smile. He smiled and wiped her tears.
"You'll be fine."
A few minutes passed and their baby's cry filled the room, Tony and Mia laughing and crying as their son was placed on her chest.
"Hi, baby," Mia whispered softly as the nurse wiped down their child.
He looked so much like Jack, it shattered her heart. She sniffled, Tony kissing her forehead trying to comfort her.