CHAPTER 4

Mia shuffled her way to the bathroom as her alarm continuously beeped. She stared at herself in the mirror while washing her hands still upset about the phone call with Tony. She walked back into the room and turned off the alarm noticing that Tony hadn't called or left her a voicemail.
   He wasn't the type to retaliate, so she wasn't worried about him doing anything hurtful. She knew that the next time she saw him, she wouldn't be able to walk for days.
She changed into a cute sundress and some sandals and decided to distract herself by doing some shopping.
She arrived at the farmers market and made her way straight to the fruits. She began inspecting each fruit before placing it in her bag, humming a soft tune as she did her shopping.

"Hi, how much are your white roses?"
Mia froze when she heard an all too familiar voice while staring at the price sign, her hand hovering over a peach as the smell of cigarettes began to sting her nostrils. She continued to do her shopping the best she could.
"Ten dollars," the clerk sighed while simultaneously dealing with a nasty customer.
Mia glared at the woman who was making a scene and giving the poor clerk trouble before looking back down at the fruits again. She could feel the person next to her stare at her and watched in her peripheral vision as the clerk handed the person a bouquet of white roses.
"Too shy to say hi?"
   She turned to see a white rose in her face, Jack giving her a large smirk. She stared at the flower and looked at him with a blank expression.
"I guess so." He placed the flower in her bag and stepped aside as she pushed by him. "Feisty, ain't she?" He raised his brows at the clerk and looked back at Mia staring at her ass as she walked away.
   Mia walked around the other side of the fruit stand to a different clerk and paid for her things, Jack smoking his cigarette as he leaned against a nearby building adjacent to the parking lot.
She looked over at him and he wiggled his fingers waving at her with his stupid grin and raised brows. "Thank you," Mia sighed grabbing her change and walking towards her car. She couldn't avoid him this time.
  "What do you want?" She walked past him, and Jack turned to follow her.
"Nothing. I saw you came to my premiere last night." He threw his cigarette on the ground and leaned up against her back door.
"And?" She opened her car door and Jack gently pushed it shut, Mia now practically pinned between him and the door. She clenched her jaw and turned.
   "You ran."
    "Yeah, to avoid you. In which I'm trying to do right now, if it's not obvious." Mia shoved Jack out of the way and climbed in her car.
"Aw, come on toots." He leaned against her window and knocked on it gently, Mia waving as she backed out her parking spot.
"Fucking prick," she mumbled. She looked in her rear-view mirror and saw him walking away.

      •        •       •       •       •       •       •       •       •      •

   An hour went by, and Mia finally arrived home. She grabbed her things and struggled to unlock the door as her hands were full. She kicked the door open with her foot and shut it with her hip, the house semi dark as the curtains in Tony's house were closed.
   I thought I left them open?
   Before she could reach the kitchen, she gasped loudly when a large hand covered her mouth, her bags falling to the floor. She breathed heavily and panicked as she stood there frozen.
   "You were so rude earlier," Jack whispered moving her hair out of the way, kissing her jawline.
Mia swallowed hard and glanced over to the back door. It was unlocked.
   She put her hands on his arm trying to free herself as he slowly lifted her dress, Jack humming softly in her ear as she dug her nails into him. He growled when her teeth sunk into his hand, spinning her around quickly to face him.
  "Get off me!" Mia groan trying to shove him away. He smirked and inched closer to her face.
   "Do you want me to get off or are you just worried Tony will find out?"
He looked at her lips and looked back at her, inching his face even closer until she felt his warm breath near her mouth. She looked into his eyes; her brows narrowed at his comment. "Aw, did I strike a nerve?" he teased as he slowly ran his hands down her body, her chest heaving up and down.