KARTHIK'S PAST [part 10]

Start from the beginning

FLASHBACK

"abey ruk ja sale kitna bhag rha kya milkha singh banega", I said running after my bestfriend since high school NIKHIL AGARWAL. [hey wait you rascal, you are running so much like you wanna become milkha singh (famous indian runner) ] "bhai mere bhai ko love letter mila hai, itni asani se kaise dedunga thodi mehnat toh kar" [bro, my bro has got love letter how can I give this so easily without you doing any hardwork] he said still running when he abruptly stopped making me bump into him.

"diwal jaisa toh shareer hai, och mera sar" [ouch my head, you have a body like that if wall] I took the letter from her as he was busy gawking at the girl group near the lockers. aish this pervert. "close your mouth or else fly will go inside nikhil" we heard a voice from our back and we turned behind to see vaishnavi, my crush and also my another best friend. "hey vaishu you know what happened today"  nikhil said making my eyes wide as he again snatched the letter from my hand. "our karthik got love letter again man he is so in demand"

Vaishnavi's face fell as she looked sad making us confuse, "good for you karthik, you have so many girls behind you enjoy with them" she said as she turned and left. "ise kya hua" nikhil asked his expressions saddening too. "i dont know, I will go and see" he nodded and I went behind her. She was sitting in an empty classroom as i went and sat beside her. she looked at me and I saw her eyes puffy as she was crying making me panic. "hey hey why are you crying, what happened" "what are you doing her go to your fan girls" she said angrily making me chuckle, she is jealous? nut why does she like me too?

"yeah yeah I will go but why are you crying" I asked hiding my smile, she glared at me and said, "dont you know why? are you that much blind?". I held my laugh and said, "yes I am blind I cant see, tell me clearly" she stood angrily and said, "you are a  dummy, cant you see I love you huh"  she realised what she said as she was about to run away when I held her hand and pulled her closer. "and are you also that blind that you didn't see me throwing all the letters in trash which I have got till now, the dummy here is you

"dont call me that...and..leave me what..are you doing" she said tryng to free herself from me but I pecked her lips making her still in shock, "vaishnavi kapoor I love you too, will you be my girlfriend" she came out of her shock as she blushed hard before nodding and we shared our first romantic kiss in that empty classroom not noticing someone watching us with hurt eyes.

We started dating and were happiest but I noticed nikhil behaving oddly with me, he didnt talk much with me and vaishnavi and also started to distance himself from us. He started hanging out with other guys who dont have much good repuation. I didnt like it, he is getting himself into bad company. Finally I spotted him alone and went near him. "hey nikhil lets hangout today" "umm not today I am not free" he said and tried walking away when I stopped him.

"enough is enough nikhil what is going on why are you ignoring us huh?" I said a little annoyed and fake laughed, "look who is talking karthik rawal the royal blood has tonnes of girls behind him but still he chose the girl whom I have been loving since childhood" what did he say, he loves vaishnavi but he never said anything. "You came in her life a year ago and wooed her with your royal status and you both are now dating, so go and date dont worry about me, and if I am ignoring is because I dont wanna become bad person in your love life. because I love vaishnavi that much that I cant see her with you and thats why I am maintaining my distance from you so you too maintain your distance from me"

Saying this he left and we never crossed paths again, sometimes I used to see him talking to her in my absence like a normal friend, but I noticed the sparks and the blush in his eyes and face which I failed to notice before. Everytime when I came he makes some excused and leaves. I miss him, I miss my bestfriend. I should have known he loves someone but he is very good at hiding his deep emotions behind his goofy and happy mask.