Chapter 45: Everyone Loves a Happy Ending

"We're in bed, now you know the roles." He whispered, placing his palm on her cheek. He was standing on his knees above her body, in a dangerous stance. "Don't you?" He asked, as she shut up for her own good, biting her lip. "Yes." She nodded. "Good girl." He patted her head, grooming her hair a little.

"I know you love to be pampered and spoiled. But it's not good if that behaviour happens too often." He trailed off, tracing his finger down to her collar bone. "B-But I didn't do anything!" She pleaded. Tristen smiled in naught; he was just messing with her. "Yeah, I know. I'm as happy as you, tonight, for I called you mine in front of the entire world." His voice turned soft and communicated affection and pure love. He took her hand into his. "My wife, I will be spoiling you hereinafter, until the day my heart stops beating." He kissed the back of her fingers, gently squeezing them. His eyes fell on the ring in her left ring finger.

Rose to my gun. That was it; she was finally his.

"Aw, Tristen. I love you so much." She pouted, getting all emotional. "I love you more." He whispered, kissing her deeply. He went soft, the way he had promised. His hand gently made its way to her chest, barely tracing its features. His touch was sensitive and mindful. He was not touching her just for his pleasure, but majorly for her pleasure.

He was so happy that he wanted to give her the world, which he probably even would, had he continued being a mafia. He loved her till the end of the world. He had been careful to not trigger her by saying or doing anything that might remind her of Jane, their unborn daughter. He knew the extents of grief and regret and guilt that Lavender had gone through.

Those scars at the base of her hands, that Tristen held ever so delicately, were the consequence of it. He feared that he would lose his mind if Lavender did not stop doing that to herself. He had to be with her all the time, sometimes staying up for nights consecutively.

Just so she didn't do it again, specially after that failed attempt to give up on herself. It hurt him more than losing his own parents. He realized, at that moment, the real worth she held in his life.

Secretly though, Tristen had cried too. He was depressed, but he never showed it. Not just because he had to lose his daughter's life, but because of the burden of blame he was carrying for it. He knew he was the one to blame, and had to be the one who took the blame. He could not let it come to Lavender at any cost, because she was just as innocent. Her spontaneity was what used to scare him the most, for he never knew what she would do to herself the next second, minute, hour, or day.

He remembered holding her wrists in his hands until she fell asleep after being caught in an attempt to slit them apart.

However, despite all that, his mafia blood was enough to help him quickly move on. But that did not mean it did not hurt him. Out of everything, he was the one who suffered the most but kept quiet. He was probably going to gift her another life that night, but who knows.

They were so into the moment, kissing each other with so much passion, when her manager had to ruin it. Her phone starting ringing, to which they both spun their heads. "Baby..." Tristen cooed, wanting her to ignore it. "I'll just tell him to call later, that's all." Lavender said, grabbing the phone.

"Jim this isn't a good time..."

"Lavender, I'm sorry I'm calling you when I know you're enjoying your trip, but it's important." Jim apologized.

"What?" She asked, trying to ignore Tristen breathing on her neck while nuzzling her.

"The company is organizing a meet and greet event for all writers and their fans. Everything is done, just wanted to confirm if you're available in the next two months."