Chapter 05: You've Got a Message!

"Lavender? Are you okay?" Claire asked in concern. She had been observing Lavender lay on her tummy on the huge couch in the living room since the past hour; staring at her phone. "Lavender!" She exclaimed. "Christ! You scared me." Lavender exhaled. "What are you doing? Don't you have to work? I was calling your name since the past few minutes." She placed her hands on her waist.

"Yeah, right." Lavender lied on her back, staring at her phone. "Hey, could you get me some chips? I'm hungry." Claire rolled her eyes before stomping her foot. "Lavender!"

"What is it?" She asked, getting irritated. "You have to work! Else we'd be jobless!" Claire said. "You? How would you be jobless?" She shook her head. "Because if you're fired, I'll be working her while you pay me with your guilt of being jobless. And I need money too."

"I'll, uh, work later. I'm busy." Lavender gave a little yawn. "Doing what?" She raised her brow. "That's personal business." She replied, without looking at her. "You've got to be kidding me." Claire scoffed.

"He'll text me anytime soon so spare me a minute, okay?" Lavender snapped. "Who?" Claire narrowed her eyed, when Lavender heard her phone ding. She gasped and rolled on her tummy again, unlocking her phone. "Finally, he- GET A LOAN? What the- GOD!" Lavender threw her phone after realizing it was a spam message. She jumped on her couch in anger kicking the cushions on the carpet.

"I'm too tired for this." Claire rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. "How dare they ask me for a loan? Am I broke? Do I not have money? I'M CAPABLE OF GIVING YOU A LOAN YOU LITTLE-" Lavender paused her deadly threat when her phone dinged again. She picked it up to finally find a familiar name in her chat menu. "Tristen." She smiled, laying back down on the couch.

Tristen-
Ms. Hills, I'm texting to confirm once more that this is your number, since I find it inappropriate to call you at such a time in night.

"Just an excuse to talk to me." Lavender smiled, biting her lip as she texted him back.

Lavender-
Yes, this is my number.

Tristen-
So, you're awake?

Lavender-
Yeah, I was working.

Tristen-
You texted back quite fast to be working, Ms. Hills.

"He's smart." Lavender slapped her phone on her forehead for her stupidity.

Lavender-
I just took a break. Why?

Tristen-
I hoped to have a little conversation before you went to bed, however, I see that you are busy. We'll find a good time to talk sometime later. Have a good night.

"He's blowing me off?" Lavender dropped her jaw, getting dumbfounded. "I need to look busy. I won't respond to him at all." She pouted, throwing her phone away. She grabbed it as fast as she had thrown it when she saw another text from him.

Tristen-
You are really poor at pretending, you know that?

Lavender-
What do you mean?

Tristen-
Although I know how busy your life is, I know that you're doing nothing but laying on your couch trying to show you don't care when you practically lured me into your favourite café for a beverage.

Lavender-
Good night, Mr. Killings.

"Ugh! What does he think of himself? How dare he be so right about me?" Lavender huffed and stormed up into her room so she could work for real. "She's cute." Tristen smirked, sliding his phone in his pocket. "I thought you didn't want to get close to her." Brendon threw his arms in air.