Chapter Twenty-One : The Dragons and The Unicorns

Start from the beginning

"I understand," Sabrina said. She could see it start to upset him, so she changed the subject slightly. "But you speak French and German?"

"Yes, although my German could use a bit of work. French is the one I'm most confident speaking besides English."

Sabrina had never really heard French spoken before. She had seen various texts and books in it, but nobody in the orphanage spoke any other language besides English and Latin if you were a nun or a priest. "Can you say something in French?"

Now, Ominis' face was turning red. "Oh, my dear, I'm not sure–"

"Please? I've never heard it before."

Ominis turned his face in the direction of the twins to make sure they were still arguing at the back desk. Then, he closed the book he had been reading with braille and put it on the table before reaching for Sabrina's own hands. "Alright."

Sabrina excitedly put down her own homework and put her hands in Ominis'. Her curiosity made her so excited, she could feel her heart beating in anticipation, something she knew Ominis could also feel against his cold, soft hands.

"Ma chère et tendre Sabrina," Ominis began nervously. Just hearing him say her name with the accent made her heart skip a beat.

Ominis continued on, slowly and hesitant at first, but the more he spoke the more confident he seemed to get. His words flowed as smooth as honey, and he spoke in a near whisper that felt as loving and passionate as her heart felt. At one point, he moved one of his hands from hers and used it to gently feel against her cheek and put some hair behind her ear before letting his touch linger to hold her cheek softly. His touch was like a slow burning fire, igniting from her face down through her chest to every inch of her body. It lit particularly warm in the bottom of her stomach and Sabrina felt like she had never had her heart feel this full before.

When he was done, Sabrina's heart was about ready to pound out of her chest, and she could feel his breath on her lips.

Sabrina's own cheeks reddened, and Ominis gave another playful smile when he felt her blush against his palm. "Are you going to tell me what you said?" she asked curiously.

His smile widened. "Non."

As Sabrina laughed at his answer, Ominis finally put his lips on hers and gently kissed her.

"Oi! What have I said about snogging in here?" Sebastian cried out from somewhere further away.

Ominis pulled back slightly to respond. "If it bothers you that much, Sebastian, you can leave."

Sabrina had completely forgotten where they were, and she turned to hide her face in embarrassment before she heard Anne pushing Sebastian out of the Undercroft before her. As the clock face chimed, indicating that the twins really were gone, Sabrina turned back to Ominis and saw that he was also looking a bit embarrassed, but she could also see he looked a bit troubled. "I'm sorry," she said. "I... I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of–"

"Oh, no it's not that," Ominis assured her quickly. "I mean... I had, for a moment, forgotten that they were here. But... I'm not embarrassed about that." He paused. "Did you enjoy it?"

Sabrina's heart quickened again. "It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard," she admitted.

Ominis blushed again before he began running his hand down her back in a comforting manner. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Suddenly, he was clearing his throat. "Actually... I'm glad they're gone. There's... there's something I wish to discuss with you."

His words startled Sabrina, and suddenly she went from being embarrassed to being nervous. Her hands trembled as she sat back up on the couch. "Alright."