39- Season's Greetings

Start from the beginning

"Good thing I put him in charge of desserts!" 

"Mind if I put on a record?" Mountain asked as he pulled a record out of his satchel.

"No, go right ahead," you told him. He put on some holiday tunes and turned up the volume before coming back to you. Mountain helped you put the containers of food on the counter, and then he put his hands around his waist to hold you close to him. He hummed and rocked you to the music, and his tail settled around your ankle. 

"The others won't be here for at least an hour. . ." Mountain purred as he nuzzled his face into your neck. You smiled and turned to look to him.

"Yes? And what are your plans?"

"I just want to spend time with my love. Do you think the food will be okay for a bit?"

"It should be okay. You want to go someplace?"

Mountain nodded and held you closer. "Can we go to the greenhouse?

"How are you doing, Phantom?" Sunshine asked. Phantom was bundled up in a bulky coat, long scarf, a hat, and mittens.

"I don't know how you can stand this weather. Where's your hat and mittens?!"

Sunshine laughed. "Oh, poor boy. It hasn't even snowed yet! This is nothing!"

Phantom looked defeated. His tail drooped, and he frowned. "It- The weather gets worse?"

"Yea. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Well, I guess I better try to get used to the cold."

. . .

You cuddled on Mountain's lap in the greenhouse underneath a chunky knit blanket. A small fire was going in the fireplace which added a nice crackly noise to the cozy atmosphere. Mountain ran his hand through your hair as he held you close to him.

"I'd be so happy if we could just stay here forever."

"We both know we can't. The others will be at my apartment soon."

"They can sit outside and ring the doorbell. Let them wonder where we are. I know Sodo's mind would race," Mountain laughed. He pressed a kiss to your head. "This is actually the first holiday season that I've wanted to spend with a person other than the ghouls."

"Really?"

"Mmm-hmm." Mountain sat for a bit, thinking. "If you insist, then we must go back."

You pull out your phone as it buzzes. "And Rain already is asking if he can drop stuff off early."

"Of course he is."

"Let's go back," you said. You stood up and stretched as Mountain put out the fire, and you both went back to your apartment as snow started to fall.

. . .

Eventually all of the ghouls made it to your house, and you all ate together. The holiday music made the room festive, and being with tour friends made it even better. While you all were having dessert, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it. Copia said he might stop by to say hello," Aether said. He got up and answered the door. Everyone else continued on, until you all heard Aether yelling.

"You know they don't want to see you!" Aether yelled. Everyone got up to see what the commotion was.

Special was at the door with a small box in his hand. His eyes lit up a bit as soon as he saw you. "Y/N! How are you, darling?"

Before you could react, Mountain protectively put his hands on your waist, and his tail thrashed. "What do you want, Special?"

"I just want to wish Y/N happy holidays." Special's eyes were locked on you. "And. . .this is for you. . ."

Special extended his hand that held the box. You hesitantly reached towards it, but he yanked it away.

". . . had you loved me." Special opened the box slowly, emphasizing each word. Inside the box was a diamond ring. He held it up as to admire it. "What could've been yours is not anymore."

You scoffed. "Fine by me."

Special glared at you, but he calmly put the ring back into the box. You all walked away from Special until only Aether and Phantom were left.

"You can go, Phantom. I'm going to escort him away."

"Look." Phantom pointed to the decoration above him and Special. "Cumulus told me that when you stand under the mistletoe with someone, you gotta kiss them."

"Phantom, you don't ha-"

"I don't make the rules, I just follow them," Phantom said, shrugging. He turned to Special, who looked a bit concerned. "What I mean is that we gotta kiss. It's the earth law, from what I understand."

"On second though, I believe I- I have a meeting- yea I have a meeting and I'd hate to miss it, so, yea, bye." Special took off before Phantom could kiss him. Aether gave a loud laugh.

"Good job! You scared him off!"

. . .

"Oh yes. That's a good one." Sunshine took the cookie from Cumulus, who has just decorated it. "Very pretty."

"I made sure to make it very gay."

"Nice," Sunshine said, admiring the rainbow frosting. As she put it into the tupperware container, she looked up to see Sodo and Swiss being cornered by Phantom.

"Kiss! Kiss!" He told them, pointing at the mistletoe by their heads.

"Relax, we just went to get the mail," Swiss said, trying to shoo Phantom out of the way with the mail he and Sodo picked up.

"Wait, Swissy. We don't want to ruin Phantom's first holiday season, do we?" Sodo asked with a small smile on his face. "Don't give me that look."

Swiss turned to see Phantom eagerly waiting for them to kiss. "Just this once, Phantom."

With that, Sodo's arms flew around the Multi-ghoul's waist and pulled him in for a kiss. Swiss solved the issue of height difference by lifting up Sodo bridal style and holding him close. The pieces of mail fluttered to the floor, and Phantom stood there just watching them.

"Hey, Phantom?" Cumulus called out.

"Yea?" Phantom stood in shock as the two ghouls only broke the kiss to get more air. Their masks clinked as they kissed again. Swiss began to stumble forward towards the stairs to the ghoul's bedrooms.

"Pick up the mail and get over here. It's rude to stare."

Phantom did as he was told as Swiss and Sodo made their way upstairs, and Sunshine softly laughed.

"Are they back together now? Because it sure looks like it," she asked Cumulus.

"I think so. A holiday miracle is what this is."