7. Duet-Youngjae

Summary: You both have to do a duet for the school competition and sparks fly.

(y/n)= Your name

---------------------------------

"Good Morning Class!" Your teacher, Mrs.Han says, "As you all know, the school's competition is coming up and I have decided that our class will be doing a duet. Who would like to be our representatives?" The class stays silent until a a boy named JaeKyung, breaks the silence. "I volunteer Youngaje to do it!" and you hear a bunch of "ooohh's" in the classroom. "Do you want to do it Youngjae?" Mrs.Han asks and he just shrugs. "I'll take that as a 'yes'. Who should be his partner then?" She says and a whole bunch of girls raise their hands. "Songsaengnim! (Teacher!) I nominate (y/n) to be his partner! She has an amazing voice and I am positive that they can harmonize well together!" Your friend SooIn says. You look at her and give her a death glare. You hate attention and let alone have a theater full of people look at you while you sing a song with one of the most popular boys in school. She gave you a dont-worry look while you gave her a i-will-kill-you look. "Okay then, how do you feel about it (y/n)?" Mrs.Han asks. You feel the whole class look at you with begging eyes and you cant help but feel pressured, so you breath out a 'Fine.' and the whole class cheers.

It was your break and you were informed to meet Youngjae and Mrs.Han in the music room. You walk to the music room and you see Youngjae and Mrs.Han waiting for you. "Sorry for being late,I had to go to the bathroom..." You say and sit down. "That's okay.Anyway...do you guys have any suggestions for the duet?" Mrs.Han "What about Erase by Hyolyn and Jooyoung? If he wants to, we can also dance." You suggest and Mrs.Han looks at Youngjae to see if he agrees. He gives a small nod and Mrs.Han claps her hands. "Great. You guys can be excused from the rest of your classes today and for the rest of the week you at least have to attend 4 periods. Arasseo? (Okay?)" And you and Youngjae nod. When she leaves the room, silence engulfs the both of you. You decide to break it and say "Do you want to learn the dance first or vocals?" and he says "Dance...I'm not that great so I hope you can bear with what I got." He says while rubbing the back of his neck "Totally" You say and you both stand up to go to the dance room. You could hear music coming from other dance rooms and you assume that it is the representatives from the other classes. You changed into your dance clothes and you see Youngjae in dance clothes as well. You grab a chair and you both continue to learn the dance. By the end of the school day, you both now at least 90% of the song somewhat perfectly and the other 10% still needs some practice. You both say your goodbyes and you walk home.

-----------------------

"(Y/N)!" You heard from behind you while you were walking through the halls. You turn around and see Youngjae. Your heart flutters a little when you see him. He walks up to you and casually puts his arm around your shoulder. "Hi...I was thinking that today we could work on the vocals." He suggests and your heart skips a beat. 'what wrong with me?' You ask yourself. "U-Uh S-Sure" You stutter and you slightly turn red. "Kyeopta~ (Cute~)" He says will pinching your red cheeks. "Well..see you in class." He says and walks into the classroom before you. You go to the bathroom and try to calm down a little.

You go to the music room and warm up your vocals a little before you start. Youngjae comes in and you give him a warm smile. His heart starts to beats out of his chest once he sees your smile. "L-let's get started?" He says and you smile and nod.

[Youngjae]

(Hello) You changed a lot, your shorter hair

(Hello) Your thick make-up, You're like someone else

[You]

(Hello) I know that I mean nothing to you now, I feel it

[Youngjae]