Chapter 5: The Vampire

Start from the beginning

Jimin blinked.

Jungkook squinted.

'What?'

'We won't train today?'

'We will. On the street.'

**************

For two months Jungkook was training Jimin and patrolling streets at night. He didn't like the lack of calls. There were no suspicious cases to deal on graveyards. There were no sudden calls about strange groups.

And that - was worrying him.

The silence was no good.

At all.

It just meant that whoever Joe was, he became careful.

Jungkook didn't like careful vampires. They were a pain in the ass.

But he didn't like Lalisa even more and he for sure had to encounter her to take care of every formal bullshit for Jimin.

When he demanded for her to prepare everything she was jumping on her seat like a three year old. But when Jeonyeon entered he had enough and said:

'If you want her to still have all her limbs intact, tell her to leave.'

Lisa pouted and ordered her secretary to leave.

'That wasn't nice.'

'Yeah, cause I am such a nice guy everyday.' he said coldly. 'Do everything yourself and keep your mouth shut about Jimin.'

'Why is he so special?'

'Cause he works with me. His privacy is my privacy from now on. Keep that in mind.'

'So you are training him for yourself?'

'If he wants to, he can walk away when he is ready and work for you then. For now it will be as I want it.'

'Fine. What is he like?'

'Not your business.'

'When I will meet him?'

'Never.'

'But the hunters...'

'I said YOU won't meet him. Didn't mention hunters.'

'You are annoying.' she huffed and started to type on her laptop. 'I am the chief here, you know.'

'Still wondering how that is possible, but okay. You are. Want to try this on me?'

Lalisa gulped.

'No.'

'Good. I will pick up the papers tomorrow.' he turned around, but he stopped and asked. 'How many suspicious cases were there recently?'

'Not so many. Less than last year at this time of year. Why?'

'Less than for the last three months?'

'Yeah. The number decreased. We could send some hunters on leave. Why? Need a vacation?'

'No.' Jungkook walked out.

He took out the phone and made a call:

'Soobin, analyse the datas. Number of cases hunters dealt with. Number of lost people in recent months. Death toll in recent months.'

'Bro, I have better things to do!'

'And I didn't kick any cyberfreak's ass recently so I am tempted.' Jungkook growled to the phone.