14: ✰Wondering heart✰

The moment I fell asleep, I appeared in the forest couldn't see anything but fog, I looked all around thinking why did I end up in the forest, but then in the midst of the fog I saw red glowing eyes staring into my soul? It started running towards me and I closed my eyes, saying "it's just a dream." And opened my eyes again to see the six chosen spirits from the cave standing in front of me.

"Oh no, wait, does this mean I'm the chosen one to be sacrificed? I said with a nervous voice.

"No Makayla, you're not the one, but someone loves you is the chosen one."

"It's Lucas, isn't it," I said in a shaky voice.

"Makayla, we can't tell you that, but we can show you a shadow of what the chosen one looks like." The fog formed a shadow that looked like a man.

"It is Lucas." I said while tears welled up in my eyes.

"Makayla, we needed to speak with you to let you know that you and Lucas and your other friends are in trouble. The betrayer among you all in one step ahead, and the time for the Great War between the two Dark Brothers and the People of Regardina is coming near. Restore the barriers strength and get prepared." The spirits said before disappearing.

I woke up from my dream, worried about tomorrow and about losing Lucas. I woke up and decided to go to Lucas and tell him what happened, even though it was late at night. I put on my jacket and went to his room door and knocked.

"Lucas it's me Makayla," I said.

Lucas rushed to open the door, "Makayla what's wrong, did something happen? Lucas said in a worried voice.

"Im fine, but I have to tell you something." I said with tears welling up in my eyes. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah of course," Lucas said while moving aside so that I could go into his room.

I went in and sat down on his bed on looked at him.

"Okay you're freaking me out Makayla, what's going on?

"The six spirits visited me in my dream."

"Wait does that mean that you are the one they chose to sacrifice your life? Lucas said.

"At first I thought that it was me, but then they said it wasn't, and then they said it was someone who loved me and the first person that to my mind was you. I asked if it were you and, they said that they couldn't tell me if it were you, but they could show me a figure of what the chosen one looks like..... and Lucas looked like you." I said with a shaky voice, then started crying.

Lucas sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around me in a comforting embrace. "Makayla, I promise you, no matter what happens, I will do everything in my power to protect you and keep you safe," he said softly.

I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Lucas. I can't bear the thought of losing you."

He wiped away my tears gently. "We don't know for sure if it's me, Makayla. And even if it is, I'm willing to die to protect you, our friends and the people of Regardina . What else did they say." Lucas said while hugging me.

"They said that the betrayer among us is one step ahead of us, and that you and the other with me are in trouble. And that the war between Astaroth and Marikah is coming near, and we have to be prepared." I said and looked at Lucas.

"Okay then we get some sleep so that we could find the last symbol so that the barrier will be strengthened again. Come on, I'll walk you to your room." Lucas said and stood up.

"But Lucas, I would rather not leave you, is it okay I stay with you tonight?

"Of course that's okay, you can take the bed I'll sleep on the couch. Lucas said.

"Lucas, you may be the one who will be offered as a sacrifice tomorrow, yet you choose not to cuddle with me." I said sarcastically, trying to hide the tears welling up in my eyes.

"I was just joking Makayla, of course I'd love to cuddle with you." Lucas said and cupped my cheeks with his hands.

He hugged me and then fixed the bed for both of us to sleep. I fell asleep in his arms that night, praying he or anyone of my friends wouldn't be chosen to sacrifice their lives.