1: ✰The awakening✰

I woke up all sweaty from another weird dream again,this morning. These weird dreams started ever since our new neighbors moved into the house next door. A week ago

I went downstairs to the kitchen to make my breakfast and get ready for school and found my mom staring at at the neighbors son through the kitchen window in a weird way.

"Aaah mom, why are you staring at the neighbors son."

My mom got shocked and turned to look at me. "You scared the shit out of me Makayla." She said in a high pitched voice. "I was just staring at him at to see if he's a descent person for you to be best friends with that's all. Now follow me to go and welcome them to the neighborhood with a food basket. She said while putting on her jacket.

"But mom I have to get ready for school, and shouldn't we have welcomed them the first day they moved into the house?" I said sarcastically

"Hey don't go all sarcastic on me young lady. Go get ready and we'll go over and welcome them."

Knowing my mom will literally pester me that whole year if I don't do what she says. I quickly ran up to my room and took a quick shower, got dressed for school then went back downstairs to go and welcome the new neighbors.

 I quickly ran up to my room and took a quick shower, got dressed for school then went back downstairs to go and welcome the new neighbors

(this is what Makayla wore to school.)⇮

My mom knocked on the door and the son opened the door.

"Good morning." My mom said.

"Morning" he replied with a smile on his face.

"We're your next door neighbors, my name is Lora and this my daughter, Makayla. Is you mom around?" My mom asked.

"Uhh no, but my aunt Lucy is, I'll go get her"

He goes and gets his aunt and they both came to the door.

"Hey, good morning" Lucy said.

"Hii, sorry for the inconvenience, but my daughter and I came over to give you a food basket as a welcoming to the new neighborhood before she goes to school.

"Oh how kind of you, what school you going to" Lucy turns and looks at me.

"Oh I'm schooling at June valley high school."

"Ohh really what a coincidence Ezra is attending to the same school. I hate to ask this but if you don't mind, could you walk with him and show him around. I'll take him there but my schedule is pretty tight right now?"

"Ohh umm, sure I am walking there to so. We could go now, if you're ready" I  said

"Yeah let's go I'm already ready, let me grab my bag pack first" Ezra said while rushing back into his house to get his bag.

"Okay let's go." He said then kissed his aunt's cheek and we both walked to school.

The next couple of hours we were totally silent, not even once did he try talking with each other. That was until he asked for my name.

"Hey, If you don't mind me asking, I didn't quite catch your name back there, would you mind telling me?" Ezra asked.

"Oh ahh it's Makayla,and yours is?

"I'm Ezra" he said with a smile on his face.

The whole walk to school he was making jokes and we laughed the whole time. Later on we arrived at school and I showed him to the principal's office so that he could get his classes. I had my English class so I had to leave him and attend my class.

Few minutes later, the classroom's door opened and he walked in then the teacher told him to take a seat beside me. He came sat beside me and showed me his classes paper sheet.

"Oh you're in all the same classes as me, what a coincidence. I looked and smiled.

The English class finished and we went out and wait to attend to our science class. I was sitting by myself and he came and stood beside me.

"Hey don't you have any friends to sit down with?He said then smirked at me.

"Of course I have friends to sit down with, but they have different classes from mine." I said in a low voice but the truth was I really didn't have any friends I was a loner at school.

Ezra looked at me with one of his eyebrows lifted up"Well, if you don't mind, can i sit with you?

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I should accept his offer. But I won't lie i kind of liked spending time with him."Sure, that sounds nice," I replied, trying to hide my excitement.

A few minutes later the bell rang for our science class.
We both attended the science class and awkwardly the teacher told him to sit beside me again. And boy the smile on his face was so big almost like his cheek will get sore from. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

We attended all our classes and it was time to go home. I was going to walk so I asked Ezra if he was going to walk home as-well but he said that his aunt will pick him up. I said bye to him then walked home.

On my way home, I got a terrible headache and started to lose my eyesight. I sat down under a tree to relax a bit. But then, when I opened my eyes to see if my vision was still blurry. and that's when I saw ,at the very end of the alley I took, a man and a little girl were standing staring at me with dark red eyes. The same man and girl that I see in my dreams every night I sleep. They didn't move, didn't even blink. But then they floated and started coming towards me, I was filled with fear I didn't know what to do, so I stood there and just closed my eyes. After one minute I opened my eyes and nothing but the little girl's blue ribbon was there.

I let out a sigh of relief and picked the ribbon up and ran all the way home. I arrived and saw Ezra sitting outside his house porch.

"Hey Makayla, I just wanted to make sure you came home safe." He paused for a moment then spoke again, "Are you okay? you look like you've seen a ghost.

"Yeah I'm fine.

"Okay then I'll see you in the morning" Enzo said and walked off.

I went in the house and went straight to my room, took a shower, changed then went downstairs to pour a cup of water then went back upstairs.

I sat down staring at ribbon for hours. But then my room lights started flickering and that terrible headache came back again, but this time the man and the little girl didn't appear. The little went totally off and I couldn't see a single thing. But the I looked at my hands and it was like a blue liquid was flowing through my veins, I could hear every single sound, every the smallest sound. Everything was so loud, I turned and looked into the mirror and that's when I saw my eyes, they were so blue and glowing. Everything stopped as soon as my mom and dad pulled through at the drive way.