9: ✰I'm still the same me✰

I was in my room getting ready to go to bed, then I heard a knock on the door. "Makayla, it's me Ezra, Asher, and Lucas.

I opened the door and let out a sigh.

"It's late at night and you all decide it's a great idea to talk to me right now?

"We came to tell you why your dad wanted to speak with us earlier, Makayla." Lucas said!

I raised an eyebrow, curious about what my dad wanted to discuss with my friends. "Alright, come in," I said, stepping aside to let them into my room. They entered, looking somewhat nervous.

Ezra cleared his throat and began, "Your dad requested to leave Regardina and told us to speak to the elders to grant him his wish. He requested to leave tomorrow sunrise.

"My dad what!!! But won't want to leave me behind." I said in a confused voice.

Lucas nodded solemnly. "He emphasized that he wants to leave alone, Makayla. He didn't give us much of an explanation, but he seemed determined."

I felt a lump forming in my throat. My dad leaving Regardina? Leaving me? It didn't make any sense. "But... why? Why would he want to leave?"

Asher spoke up, his voice filled with concern. "We don't know, Makayla. He didn't give us any details. We just wanted to make sure you knew what was happening."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to process the news. My dad had always been there for me, and the thought of him leaving was unbearable. "I have to talk to him," I whispered, my voice trembling.

Ezra nodded understandingly. "We thought you might say that. We can follow you if you need company.

I nodded, wiping away my tears. "Yes, please. I need to know why he's doing this." I said.

We made our way to my dad's room and I knocked on the door rapidly.

"Dad...dad...it's me Makayla, open the door, please.

My dad opened the door and allowed us to enter his room by stepping aside.

"Why are you trying to leave Regardina and leave me behind, dad? You know it's not safe in the human world right now.

"Makayla, listen to what you're saying, I'm living in a place where I don't belong, I'm clearly an outcast here in Regardina. I'll always love you, but this new version of you is not the same as my daughter I once knew. I look at every day and I see that man who killed your mom. Your abilities changed you, I'm going to leave tomorrow sunrise and to go and stay with uncle Joe for a while, and no one will stop me. You belong here Makayla and I don't, I don't like this new version of you, all I see now in you is a monster."

I stood there, stunned and hurt by my dad's words. The tears that had stopped momentarily started flowing again. "Dad, please don't say that. I'm still the same person, I just have these abilities now. I didn't choose to have them, but I'm trying to learn how to control them. You can't just leave me here."

My friends exchanged worried glances, unsure of what to say or do in this situation. Lucas stepped forward, his voice filled with empathy. "Mr. Johnson, Makayla is still the same person she's always been. She's just trying to navigate this new reality, and it's been difficult for her. But she's still your daughter, and she needs you."

My dad sighed heavily, his eyes filled with sadness. "I know she's still my daughter, but it's hard for me to see her like this. I miss the old Makayla, the one who didn't have to worry about these powers and the dangers that come with them. I just want her to be safe."

I took a step closer to my dad, my voice trembling with emotion. "Dad, I understand that this is hard for you, but I need you. I require your support and your love. I don't want to lose you too."

He looked at me, "please leave me alone, I have to go to bed now."

I nodded, tears still streaming down my face. "Okay, goodbye dad." I said and walked out of his room.

"What did the elders say? My dad asked Lucas, Ezra, and Asher.

"You are allowed to go, Liam will portal you out in the morning as soon as you're ready. Lucas said and walked away.

Ezra and Asher went to pick up some supplies for my dad to leave, and Lucas decided to check up on me.

Lucas came and knocked on my door, "Makayla it's me Lucas . Could you please open the door."

"Go away Lucas." I said in a broken voice.

Lucas sighed but didn't give up. "Makayla, please. I know this is hard for you, but I'm here for you. Let me in so we can talk."

Reluctantly, I opened the door and let Lucas into my room. He walked in and closed the door behind him, then sat down on my bed. I sat down next to him, still wiping away tears. "I can't believe my dad thinks I'm a monster."

"I'm sorry about your dad, Makayla. I know this must be really tough for you to hear him say those words to you."

Lucas reached out and gently placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're not alone, Makayla. You have us, your friends. We're here for you, regardless of what."

"I know it isn't easy to hear the people you love say hurtful words towards you, but all you can do now that is focus on yourself and let them move on in life." Lucas said." He smiled warmly. "We'll figure this out together, Makayla. We'll find a way to make your dad see that you or anyone else with supernatural abilities are monsters."

I looked at Lucas, feeling a glimmer of hope. "Thank you, Lucas. I appreciate your support. I don't want to lose my dad, but I also can't change who I am. I'll try to talk to him again, maybe make him understand."

Lucas nodded, his eyes filled with determination. "That's the spirit, Makayla. We'll find a way to bridge the gap between you and your dad. Just remember, you're not a monster. You're strong, and you can do great things."

I smiled weakly, grateful for Lucas's words of encouragement. "Thank you, Lucas. I needed to hear that."

He squeezed my shoulder gently. "Anytime, Makayla. We're all in this together, remember?"

"Now, do you want me to tell Enzo and lunar to come over here and give you company or you're fine on your own?

"It's okay, I'll be fine on my own." I said.

"Okay get some sleep." Lucas said and left, closing the door behind him.