Filippa's Nobleness

Beginne am Anfang

I was a bit relieved to see that he didn't seem to recognize me, but a few seconds later, I felt so disgusted being in his presence that I wished for nothing other than to kick the disgusting man off the hall.

Beta Wyatt nodded to Alpha James' words indifferently, but Alpha James wasn't fazed; instead, he turned to me with an ugly grin I bet he thought made him look cool.

"This is your partner?" He asked, and without any decency, his hand suddenly reached out to grab mine. This man lives up to his image.

However, before Alpha James could, Beta Wyatt's hand took hold of my hand, albeit gently, and placed a kiss on it while staring at Alpha James with a cold look filled with killing intent.

"I hate when people covet what's mine." He leaned closer toward Alpha James and whispered, "I tend to kill them." He smirked devilishly, making Alpha James shiver in fear.

"I understand. I'll. I'll. Take my leave now." He stuttered and scurried off fearfully before any of us could reply, which made me laugh in amusement.

"I only know about Alpha dominating Beta. I've never heard of Beta doing so to Alpha." I paused in my tracks and stared at Beta Wyatt.

He arched his brows indifferently and asked, "Is that a compliment?"

"Curious about you," I replied, only for him to tap my nose.

"Don't be too overly curious." He said and leaned closer. I gulped at the closeness and avoided looking at his devilishly handsome face. "Where's the Maia who's afraid of my presence?" He asked me, which made me smile.

That's right. Ever since he saved me from becoming Lorelei's maid, I wasn't afraid of Beta Wyatt.

I smirked at him and leaned forward. I rearranged his suit and pretended to brush dirt off his suit.

"You've made her disappear," I whispered with a smirk, only to end up gritting my teeth due to Oswald's pressure, which wrapped me again! Crazy Alpha Oswald!

I glanced at the hall, searching for Oswald's presence, and not quite long after, I saw him at a distance talking to a lady. Our eyes met, and he gave me a warning expression.

I bit my lower lip, rolled my eyes, and separated from Wyatt.

"Stay here; I'd like to meet someone." Beta Wyatt instructed, and I nodded.

I stretched my hand toward the waiter, who was making his way toward us. I felt so thirsty, and I needed nothing apart from a drink.

The Waiter made his way toward us and stretched a glass of alcoholic wine toward me, and with a beam, I happily stretched my hand to collect it.

"Don't drink alcohol." Beta Wyatt frowned and pulled my hand down before I could, which made me pout. He waved the waiter away.

"I'm past the official age to drink alcohol by three years." I retorted with a lie.

"You don't look like it." He gave me a cold gaze, which made my courage slip. Ugh! Why am I so afraid of Beta Wyatt whenever he has that cold gaze of his?

How can I be more afraid of Beta Wyatt than Alpha Oswald? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

"Take a nonalcoholic drink; I'll be back." He said it with seriousness, and before I knew it, he had made his way to Alpha Oswald, who was still chatting with that lady.

I huffed sourly and walked towards the waiter carrying non-alcoholic drinks, but before I could grab a hold of one of the drinks, a masculine hand also reached out for it, our hands colliding with each other.

"Sorry, I'll take the other one." The deep voice said, which made me freeze.

"Yes," I replied absentmindedly, and I parted from him without taking the drink anymore.

He picked it up and followed me, which made me stop in my tracks. "Did you want something from me, Your Highness?" I asked without turning to look at him.

"Hm. I'm quite curious about the beta's partner. You look so much like a close friend of mine." He said. I didn't need to look back to see him licking his lower lip and ruffling his hair.

It felt as if someone clutched my heart and squeezed it tight. I took a deep breath and blinked my eyes before turning back to stare at him; I noticed that he hadn't changed at all; he still looked the same, just braver.

"Oh." I pretended to nod while feigning a smile. "And where's that friend of yours?"

"She died a few days ago." He replied in a monotone voice, but his expression was far from it, and it made my heart ache.

Tears pooled in my eyes, and I lowered my head to hide them. "I apologize for bringing up old wounds. I'll take my leave now." I said without raising my head.

"Hm." He replied, and before I could leave, he left.