Versace is lucky that my Angel wore its dress.

Coming to the third last step, her feet halt. The maids stop behind her as well. Angel’s slender fingers tangle with each other to create a fidgeting motion. Then she slowly lifts her face and stares at me, awaiting a possible response.

I can see everyone in my peripheral vision giving her encouraging replies, Dino’s being the flirtiest while Damien smiles at her warmly and Franco merely nods in acknowledgement.

My mouth is all dried up. No words coming out as I try miserably to shake off the spell she has put on me.

Clad in all that white, she looks like a fairy, too pure to be touched by a man like me. I fear I would taint her with my dirty hands. Break her with my roughness.

She is not the sort of person I am used to dealing with in my world. I was never gentle with anyone except my family but with her I am because she is so damn delicate and I am in constant fear of hurting her.

God forbid that day ever comes!

Closing the small distance between us, I stare down at her. Standing three steps lower than she is, my body still towers over hers. Angel blinks up at me and looks down, suddenly shy with my unwavering attention. I hook my finger under her chin and pull it up, a whiff of her addicting rosy scent maddening me further.

Her eyes widen a little, seeing me so close, teeth biting on her lip, “How do I look?” She asks in a little voice.

I raise one hand, touching her cheek softly. “You look like an angel,” I whisper, looking into her eyes before gazing at her lips, “my angel.” Then as if to reassure myself that this beautiful woman standing before me, dressed for me, waiting for my words of praise is really mine, I grab her face and connect her lips with mine, staking my claim on her like an animal ready to mate.

Angel stumbles back on her feet at the force of the kiss but I catch her before she can fall.

I will always catch her.

Moulding my body to hers, I taste her to my heart’s content, aware that my family is watching us but still not letting her go and when I finally do let her go, she gasps for breath, holding my shoulders.

After I am sure she has regained her composure, I forward my hand to her wordlessly and she takes it just as silently, trying to avoid the teasing of eyes of everyone while I escort her out.

I hold the end of her gown as she gets into the limo and tuck it back in her seat before settling myself. The car starts towards our destination for the night.

Angel coughs awkwardly beside me and I give her a side eye, knowing completely well that she did not catch a cold. It was just to get my attention.

Ironic, since she is the only thing I can focus on when we are in the same place.

“Myfathercalledmeandsaidthathewantstomeetyou.” She rambles without a pause.

My eyebrow raises.

“As soon as possible.” She breathes out.

“Angel,” I chuckle, turning to face her. “I can not possibly decode a language that fast now, can I?”

Sweeping the hair off her shoulder, I push it to her back, wanting to touch her somehow. My eyes do not disregard the way she shivers slightly at the small gesture as my fingers tap on her shoulder blade gently, the urge to play her like a piano overcoming.

Get a grip, Alessandro!

“Come again. What did you say in the end?” I curl her strands around my fingers, tugging softly to see how much she can bear for future reference.