(C. 30) Naked Sword

A/N looking like its gonna be 33 chapters now.

later A/n from same day again: I was so close.

Also!! thank you so much for 11k+ reads and keeping us at #1 in the dazai tag for like weeks now???? that's crazy. love you guys <3 <3

----

Dazai's hunch had, of course, been correct. They had been able to find a leaf which, through the impressive technologies at the Mafia's disposal, he had tracked to a certain orchard surrounding an old, abandoned building. Oda, being loyal as he was, had gone there ahead of Dazai and his team and ended up getting himself poisoned. That was how Dazai found himself where he was now: seated at his friends bedside in the hospital.

There had barley been any time to check in with Y/n and see what she had wanted to talk to him about in all the chaos. He had at least managed to drop into her office where she and Chuuya were pretending to do paperwork and in reality debating the ethics of certain fighting styles before heading out to find Oda. She had wished him luck, said it was fine. That they would catch up later.

Through the phone earlier he had shared a few more words with her, but they had all been work related. Everything was devolving into chaos, there was no time for anything else. He couldn't help but wonder, despite it all, what it was exactly she had wanted to speak to him about.

He was pulled from his reveries as Oda let out a light groan, opening his eyes at last. It had been seven or eight hours since Dazai had found him half dead outside the building. It relieved him to no end, not that he would ever let it show, that the man was alright.

"Are you awake, Odasaku?" he asked and Oda looked over at Dazai out of the corner of his eye, "How do you feel?"

"I feel like I'm experiencing all the hangovers I'll have in the next fifty years at the same time." he grumbled, slowly sitting up in bed, "I saw Ango at the place you told me about."

"So Ango was there, like I suspected."

"Yeah. He vanished into the dark with soldiers in black." Dazai stated and Oda looked over at him curiously. Dazai was deep in thought, a hand to his chin. "It seems recent events can be divided into two categories."

"Sounds like black special ops."

"Are they a separate organization from Mimic?" Oda inquired.

"They're different. But we can pretty much ignore the black special ops guys for now, Mimic is the more dangerous enemy. Akutagawa and other combat squad members are dealing with conflicts in the city, but we don't even know what the enemy leader's ability is. We're at a disadvantage."

"That Akutagawa is one of your subordinates, isn't he? I heard his ability has high offensive capabilities."

"He's a naked sword without a scabbard." Dazai sighed, his hand falling from his face to his lap, "I'm sure he'll become one of the strongest gifted mafia member in the near future but, right now, he needs someone to teach him how to sheathe his blade. Sorry, that was a tangent. This morning, the council of five top executives convened. They made a decision to attack Mimic with everything the Port Mafia can muster. Just now, my subordinates, including Akutagawa, were hit by a surprise attack. They're still fighting at the art museum."

Oda turned to the bedside table, taking up his holsters and sliding them onto his body.

"Odasaku?" Dazai asked, turning to watch as his companion threw his legs over the edge of the bed, "You're not serious about going, are you?"

"We're hitting them with everything we've got, right?"

"I didn't think you'd be interested in conflict, since you don't kill people."