0.2: INFALLIBLE.

_______

"There had been a man, Job, who lived in the land Uz. For there was none as blameless and upright, who feared God and shunned evil. Yet when the evil one put him to the test, he refused to sin and curse the name of the Lord."...... Excerpt from the pages of Job, the Holy Book of Faith.
_______

4th Century, BCE.

Another eon, a few millennia or so passed. Neriah stayed true in her service, watching over the affairs of humankind. More of her siblings joined the Guard, faithfully protecting the descendants of man and woman. She loved her job, finding little joys in the happiness of others. Yet The Void within her only grew wider with the absence of her soul half, Lucifer.

Lucifer, who had become the Devil, Satan, enemy of the Light and ruler of the Earthly and infernal realms. Lucifer who continuously whispered in the ears of humans, creating chaos and ruin. By his influence, she had witnessed the destruction of the world severally. She had witnessed the grief and regret Father had in creating man and the rare delight and overwhelming love He had for each of them. First, God opened the floodgates and all the Tidemakers were unleashed on the Earth. Only one family survived, Noah's. When the depravity of man was too disgusting to behold, Father sent Azar and the Trailblazers to consume an entire city. Death and damnation, ruin and no redemption. Neriah could never forgive Lucifer for all the pain he caused, and she couldn't forgive herself for being unable to forget him.

And now she guarded one of the most upright humans to ever exist. Neriah stood watch over his house and children, pleased with the ward of light she had created. Unbreakable, unshatterable and impenetrable. Her Sensors blinked in warning almost instantly. Neriah slashed at a creeping shadow serpent, infuriated by the way her breathing stopped as she sensed him. "Get back. I will not say it again. This human is warded by God Himself."

"Is that supposed to terrify me? Is your Father meant to ward me away?" He demanded impatiently. He stood calmly, poise casual but the shadows tittering around him was frightening enough. "You cannot harm this one or his family. Father will never let you lay a hand on him or his family. I personally will not let you harm Job. Stop using him to threaten me!" Neriah's brands glimmered. "Take one more step closer and I will strike you down, enemy!"

Lucifer raised his hands in surrender, a wolfish smile sending tremors down the bond. "You will be surprised how easy it is to manipulate your all knowing Father. Mark my words, dearest, I will gain free rein over Job. And you will be left helpless. Unable to do anything." He strode toward her, casually allowing the tip of Lumina pierce his chest. "This measly human, Job, will suffer because of you. He will wish for death but I will sustain him. You will wail and beg me for his mercy and I will make you bow down to my authority." The shadows consumed her light and her hands trembled. "Father will never abandon Job. Neither will I."

He braved the wound and leaned in closer, placing a shadow stained hand on the fading Mark by her jaw. The touch was a caress, like the alula of his wings whispering in her ear. "Just you wait and see, my love." Angered, Neriah released an orb of flaming light and in the blink of an eye, he was gone, leaving the phantom touch of his hand on her face.

†††††

"Move aside, Gabriel. I need to see Father immediately!" Her brother blocked her path, preventing her from reaching the highest point in heaven. "This is an emergency. My charge-

"I can sense his shadows all over you." His eyes held so much disgust. "I cannot let you in. You are filthy and unwelcome to the Presence of the Most High God. The assembly is about to begin. Go back, Neriah." His arms were stretched, warding her off like an evil omen. "You don't understand, Gabriel. I need to meet Father before the assembly starts; before Lucifer -