0.1: GUARDIAN.

The above image is the beautiful Neriah... well, how I imagine her.

______

"For every human is an assigned Guardian. From the moment of their birth, to the moment they breathe their last. Anyone found without a celestial guide is certainly anchored by something foul and infernal. Use your Vision wisely, mortal." ...... Excerpt from: Scouting 101, The Watchers Codex.
_______

Neriah could feel her wings trembling as she hurried to the Presence. Ever since the Fall, Zion wasn't quite the same. Father now kept to Himself, a mournful air hovering about Him. She could sense the tension in His Spirit, worried and heartbroken all the same. Why did Lucifer have to ruin everything?

"Come in, Neriah." The melody of God's voice was strained. Neriah tucked in her wings tightly, and bowed to the ground before Him. "My Lord and God, how may I serve You?" The cry of Lucifer while he burned echoed in her very being. She couldn't ever share the same fate with him. Obedience. She would obey all of Father's orders for all eternity.

"I need you and Azar to walk the Earth realm and watch over Adam and Eve. They are vulnerable and your other siblings might see it as opportunity to harm them." He finished, head tilted to the side, jaw locked tightly and fingers crushing the armrests of the mighty throne Lucifer coveted. Neriah heard a faint whispering, groaning and moaning around Him.

The mortals were praying to Him, trying their best to link with the Creator. How He wished to personally talk back, say something through the bond. Yet He restrained Himself, a portion of his light shining and startling a powerful Light-wielder like herself. "They need fire and light to survive the cold of nightfall. Give it to them and stand watch." God instructed.

Neriah began to sweat. "My Lord, what about the Legion of Light? I have only begun my new role in replacing Lucifer and now you wish me to stay on Earth?" In the same realm with siblings who scorn my name, who I fought against in the Great War? She didn't add.

"You fear facing the Fallen." Father stared at her with such open tenderness. "You are the burning light of the Most High. Go and shine." Power, flowed through her being instantly. "Why me, Father? Any of my siblings could replace Lucifer, but you chose me to head the Legion. Why not send Michael or Gabriel? Eliel, or Nuriel, Ariel even. Next to them, I am the weakest-

"What makes angel kind weak, Neriah?" Father did not seem angered by her questioning. "Is it humility, kindness, compassion? You and I both know Michael and Ariel will not hesitate to slaughter them for their foolish decision. I see the way you look at my children, like you care for their wellbeing. You are the only one I can trust with this task, Neriah."

"And Azar is to come with me, my Lord? She is still quite.... vulnerable." His Spirit danced around her and she raised her head, unable to look away from those eyes. "Azar cannot help but hope for the redemption of her soul half. In time, she will learn to part from her." The horrible realization of His words dawned on her. Neriah stumbled back, running to find Azar.

Azar was by the hearth, tending to the flames. She had spent eons there, waiting, pleading, trying to reach her Fallen twin. And now Father had destroyed all hope of Azar finding joy. "You have been to His Presence." Azar studied Neriah carefully, deep dark eyes reflecting the sorrow of within. "Nobody has been with Father since the Fall. He... He has tasked you, correct?"

She nodded at the streaks of gold marking Neriah's face and hands. "Let me guess, the humans are pestering Him for their basic needs, selfish creatures that they are." Bitter disgust was openly said. "We are to go and help them. Protect them. You cannot flay or burn them alive, Az."