CHAPTER 15: FIRST FIGHT

Začať od začiatku

            Ayman sat silently on the dinning table munching his breakfast slowly while waiting for Maha. They had, had a heart to heart conversation this morning and even though no one confessed what he felt for the other they both understood their feelings. However Ayman was still finding it hard to make a decision but that matter could be dealt with later he needed to talk to her about what had happened yesterday. He had ignored the topic last night even though it was of great importance because he could see the terror in her eyes but now she seemed more calm and composed, so he would get to the bottom of whatever was happening. Last night when he had collected the drugs, he didn't throw it away but burned it. He didn't want her to have  any access to the unwanted drugs, hence he had burned it. The door to her room was pushed open and Maha sauntered out wearing an oversized t-shirt and a maroon sweat pant, she was wearing an oveesized cardigan and on the back of the cardigan the name 'matches' was boldly written on it. The cardigan was a birthday gift given to him by one of his numerous girlfriends and she had went to collect it from the delivery man. She had waited for a long time for Zayn to come back and when she got tired she opened the gift, saying it belonged to her just as it belonged to matches since they are one soul in different bodies. She had taken a liking in the cardigan and had decided to keep it for herself and Zayn didn't mind. When the girl learned that the cardigan was with Maha, she was so furious and demanded Zayn to take it back but he refused, the girl and Maha had never liked each other and when she kept insisting, Zayn broke up with her. Maha was beyond elated at that time, her brother had broken up with the annoying girl and she still had the confortable cardigan all to herself. Sometimes just to annoy the girl she would take a picture with the cardigan and send it to the girl, the girl later blocked her though which made her sad because she couldn't get to annoy her anymore. Her eyes clashed with Ayman's black own and they smiled at each other, he looked like he had stepped out of a fashion magazine, as he sat there holding a mug in his hand fully dressed in a multi coloured suit and his hair arranged to perfection. She sat beside him and they had breakfast in silence. After a while Ayman broke the silence with a question she had been dreading since.
"Those drugs," he started, his eyes on her staring at her like a hawk, waiting to see any slight reaction.
"Why do you take them?!" It was just a question and his voice was barely above a whisper but she felt as though he was commading her to tell him the truth. She looked into his dark unfathomable eyes and her green eyes smiled at them and then she gave him an answer that was the same as his.
"Life, life made me take them." Ayman chuckled softly and then he nodded his head as though trying to process the information. He found her answers funny but he knew her answer was the truth. There was nothing life wouldn't make you do. She truly wasn't lying when she had told him she couldn't sleep if she didn't take them, last night she had, had a nigtmare which had also woken him up. She kept shouting, telling some people in her dream that she wasn't a murderer and that they should let her go. Then she was begging someone not to touch her, even though her eyes were closed at that time, she was still crying and sweat had gathered all over her body.
"Can you stop taking them?" He asked after a long while of silence.
"I had the dream last night, didn't i?" Ayman nodded at her, still looking at her.
"Don't take whatever i said to heart." Maha said, her eyes down. Ayman nodded at her but  he knew he should take whatever she said to heart. The fact that she said 'the dream' proved to him that she was always having the dream.
'Did she kill someone?' Ayman quickly pushed that disturbing thought away but then she said she wasn't a murderer and she was begging someone not to touch her. Did she kill someone in other to protect herself? His thoughts were broken when he felt soft warm and small hand on his large ones.
"That topic is disturbing." Maha said and then pouted her lips.
"It always traumatize me even when i take the drugs, i will tell you what happened in bits so i won't end up traumatizing myself, okay?" Maha said with a cute smile and he didn't have the heart to say no so he just nodded his head.
"Alright, so i have been wanting to tell you that i'm going to india." Ayman's brows knitted in confusion and for the first time she saw an emotion that she understood in his unreadable black eyes; confusion.
"I'm going there for 3 months to complete my medical course." Maha explained when she saw the confusion in his eyes. There was an uncomfortable silence for a very long time before Ayman said something that shocked both her and him.
"Just get a transfer and continue here in Abuja." His eyes were pleading with her to say yes and even she wanted to say yes but she had already made a promise to her mom.
"No i can't, i want to continue in india." She saw the gleam in his eyes that has been there since morning die, his face returned to being cold and unfathomable. Maha wanted to lay down on the floor and cry, just when she thought their relationship would get better.
"So you want to leave me?" Ayman asked, Maha was stupified for a moment she didn't think that it would actually affect him so much. She placed both her hands on his again and squeezed it gently.
"No, i don't i jus-"
"Then stay." Maha took in a harsh breath, not knowing what to say she needed to explain things to him. Ayman looked at her wanting her to say she would stay, he didn't know what got over him, but the only thing he knew was that he wanted her to stay. His mind again was telling him that he was being selfish but his heart kept telling him not to let her go. There were a lot of prestigious universities here in Abuja, so why couldn't she attend one? He could get her a transfer with just one phone call.
"I can't Ayman, I'm sorry." Abruptly he yanked his hands from her own and stood up to leave.
"Please Ayman, it just 3 months i will be back before you know it." Ayman stared at her with cold and icy eyes, with the same eyes that he had stared at her the first time they met. She could already see their relationship crumbling. Just three words and it will be fixed but she couldn't utter those words.
"You can do whatever you like." Ayman said and without sparing her a glance he turned to leave the house, Maha sat on the floor, sobbing silently to herself.

How would you have reacted if you had brought your boyfriend a cardigan and his annoying sister took it? Would you have let it slide like Zayn's girlfriend did or would you ask for it back?😂

Vote, comment and share.

Check out my instagram page @zulayhatuh.y