[Fifteen]

The Fine line of exhaustion.

Misan let himself in with his key. He was surprised to see his girlfriend's car parked in its usual spot. She was home.  At least that meant she wouldn't be at the office all night. She might be in her home office but he was glad she was home.

He took off his shoes by the door and walked away from it like he no longer required it. He had made an effort to dress for his girlfriend since she complained he was always so casually dressed when they were together, but she didn't even show up.

He went to the kitchen to drop the wine and chocolate, he left the flowers in a vase after putting in some water.

He had unbuttoned his cuff as he made his way out of the restaurant. The white shirt still looked clean but he had folded the sleeves till his below causing it to crease.

He was undoing the buttons on his shirt as he made his way to the room. He opened the door not expecting to find his girlfriend sleeping soundly in her work clothes. She must be exhausted.  With the way she was passed out, he knew she was drained.
He took off his clothes,  hung them to dry, and then proceeded to change into a pair of black shorts and a grey v-neck.

He wondered if she ate before she slept. He glanced at the mermaid-shaped clock in their room. It was nine o'clock.

He could still see a movie before he joined the workaholic princess in bed.

***
Misan stirred when he heard the sound. Someone was going up and down the room, soft feet were touching the floor lightly but he could still make out where the steps were leading and when they returned close to the bed.

He opened his eyes lightly and the first thing his sight caught was his girlfriend standing in front of her dressing mirror in a navy blue bra and matching panties.

She already had her makeup on and was tying her braids in an updo hairstyle. Well, he liked the sight before him but he was too exhausted to confront her about the previous day or to get into sexual shenanigans.

His eyes went to the mermaid clock next and he exhaled tiredly. Even though he just woke up,  he was already exhausted. It was five-thirty in the morning and his girlfriend was already heading out to work.

He reached for his phone on the nightstand and knocked over his current read, 'The healing power of tree barks'.  Deki had laughed so hard when she saw the title of the book.

The Sound of the book hitting the floor startled her and she turned to find him awake.

"Good morning gorgeous mr Plantsy, " she greeted, beaming.

He smiled.

Why was he always happy when she was?  He was mad at her but seeing her smile,  all happy and excited made him smile.

"Good morning, Miss Workaholic. You look sexy this morning," he replied.

She giggled and got on the bed with him.

"I didn't want to wake you up, I was hoping we could get beneath the sheets before I go. "

Misan chuckled.

"So you planned on seducing me? "

She nodded vigorously like a five-year-old who had just spotted candy.

He laughed.

"sorry Spicey, not this morning.  I am exhausted. "

She looked at him,  worry clouding her features. Placing the back of her palm on his forehead and then his neck,  she tried to figure out if he was under the weather.