[Ten]

The Fine Line of Negligence.

To err is human and nature hasn't let anyone forget that. But then, to forgive is divine but does that make one divinity?

It's okay for Deki, the woman he loved with the fibre of his being to make mistakes. That's true and he could never hold it against her so he had always forgiven her because it's the right thing to do, especially when it comes to someone you love.

But, does his consistent forgiveness make him seem like God? Does she think his brain automatically forgets the hurt? He wasn't God, that he wouldn't feel pain, hurt, neglected, and taken advantage of.
He forgave her every time and she just went right ahead to do something even more heartbreaking. Why the hell was he sitting up at 2 a.m. waiting for his girlfriend who was at work with her team when they should both be in bed sleeping and catching some rest? They were supposed to be spending the weekend together but she wouldn't be available for that because she would be tired.

He sighed, reaching for the remote and switching off the TV. Tossing the remote on the coffee table, he made his way to the room and went straight to bed.

A few hours later, Misan woke up to a mass of softness pressing against him. He stirred and turned towards the weight holding him down. It was Deki, she was fast asleep, breathing softly as she snuggled into him.

He exhaled as he tried to stretch, flexing his muscles stealthily as he tried to get out of Deki's stronghold. Her arm was draped across his midriff, she was partially sleeping on one half of him, pinning I'm down. Her leg was thrown over his making her a lot closer to him.

He gently moved her leg off him and then gradually shifted out of her hold. He wondered when she returned from her work emergency.

When he was able to free himself, he went about his morning routine, emptying his bladder, brushing his teeth, cleaning the house, and making breakfast.

He had his meal, took a bath, and was typing away on his laptop when Deki finally stepped out of the room at noon.

She had taken a shower and was dressed in casual jeans and a T-shirt. She sashayed to her office to drop something Misan didn't see and then returned to him.

She planted herself on the couch beside him and snatched his laptop from him.

He ignored her.

She placed the laptop gently on the table and scooted closer to him.

"Misan, I..."

"Don't, Deki. Don't say it." He shook his head. "I do not want to hear it."

He got up to leave but Deki snatched his hand before he could walk away.

"Why exactly are you angry?" she asked.
Appalled, he turned to her and started to speak but he was speechless so he turned away and tried to leave.

"Has it come to this?" she asked irritated. "I am talking to you and you're walking away? We used to be able to communicate."

"No, Deki I used to communicate. I feel like I've been doing everything in this relationship. I've loved you, cared for you, and looked after you, I've tried to understand every time you put your job above me and our relationship, I've Forgiven you every time you hurt me with your insensitive actions and I've never made you feel like you don't matter. So don't you dare tell me about not communicating because I've been the one initiating and ensuring we have smooth communication in this relationship?" he huffed.

Deki scoffed.

"Why are you mad at me? Because I take my work seriously? Or are you just threatened by the kind of passion I have for my work that you don't have? Or are you just mad that I am more ambitious than you?"