[Eight]

The fine line of work hours.

It was a good week for both Deki and Misan. The week after the birthday was beautiful, especially after they sorted out their issues.

The entire week, they were with each other, all over each other, cuddling up, eating, laughing and just sitting quietly together any little opportunity they got.

Of course, Deki still hurried to work in the morning and returned at 7 pm but she didn't bring work home and she spent her evenings with Misan, making dinner, taking long baths, watching movies or documentaries and just cuddling.

Misan was happy to see that she ate well, slept well and rested enough. However, he had to take a trip that morning so, he left home earlier than his workaholic girlfriend.

He kissed her goodbye after making her breakfast and packing her lunch. He couldn't take chances with her when it came to food.

He called her up at 6:45 a.m. before he boarded and as expected she was already driving to work.

Now, Deki was in a meeting with the VP, Creative Services of Riga and Ryon, the three other account executives, their team members and the VP, Marketing.

Just as Zizi had informed her almost two weeks ago, the Pyramid group, their long-time client was launching two new perfumes, Fierce for men and Feisty for women. They wanted new, different and extremely creative campaigns so the bosses have asked four of their best account executives and their teams to assemble.

From the discussion so far, it looked like Kelechi's team has already been dropped. Deki and Kemini's team on the other hand had better ideas and Yomi the fourth guy was willingly sitting this one out. He probably didn't want any new account since his team was already swamped with work.

Everyone knew Deki and Kemini never gave up a chance to get a new account. Even when management had stated there was no bonus for extra work, they were still willing to take it on.

"So Deki and Kems you have one week. I want a detailed pitch of your ad campaign by next Monday and as you know the most creative one gets the account," Mr Benson said.

"Guys, the managing director of Pyramid Group will be here next Friday and you would have to sell your ideas and they better be buying."

"Anyway, that would be all."

Once the meeting ended, Deki dashed to her office and just before she took her seat, her team members were already making their way into her office.

They knew better than to return to their desk after such meetings.

"So you have from now until lunch break to brainstorm, I want you all back here after lunch and you better come with your best ideas. Bear in mind, we have to come up with at least three ads each for fierce and feisty, then another three for both perfumes together."

They acknowledged her words and immediately dispersed. Once they were gone, Deki turned to Zizi.

"Keep an eye on Kem and his team, I don't want anyone listening in on our meetings. Also, let the team know that if we have to work all night we will, so they better be prepared."

"Yes, boss."

Once Zizi was out of her office, she buried herself in work so that she didn't notice her phone light up. The phone which was on silence, rang away. Meanwhile, on the other side, Misan waited excitedly for her to answer her phone but she never did.

After the meeting with her team in the afternoon, she was heading back to her office when Kemini unceremoniously blocked her way.

Deki sighed internally resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She didn't want another man in Riga and Ryon to bring up their washed-up and worn-out line of defence.