[Fourteen]

The fine line of Disappointment.

Holidays were like every other day for Misan because he worked from home. He loved the comfort of being in the home he shared with Deki and he wasn't ready to give that life up for anything,  not even a better career path.

However,  he made it a point of duty to acknowledge that it was a holiday and since the whole nation was resting,  taking time away from work and having fun,  he also put away his documentaries,  laptops, plants, and spices. Even though he wanted to delve deep into everything concerning 'Anise and Star Anise that week,  he would let it go until Deki was asleep.

He had been up for a while,  they had planned to meet their friends,  discuss some more about the wedding, and then spend the rest of the day together but where was she?

She was still in bed when he got up to go water the plants in the backyard and he had gotten busy with breakfast. He would go take a shower and then wake her up. Once they had breakfast,  he would drag her to the Spa, and the hair salon, then they'd have lunch with their friends but he would be having dinner alone with her at the 'Food Cave'.

The new spot he just discovered.

He dried the hand towels and headed for the room. He pushed open the door quietly so as not to wake her up. He walked towards the bed wondering why she had the cover over her head. He lifted the cover but the bed was empty.

She must be in the bathroom already.  She was so excited about their time together today so maybe she was taking a shower so they could be out of the house early.

Stripping off his teeshirt, and neatly placing it in the laundry basket,  he sauntered towards the bathroom door and pulled it open but when he peeped in,  there was one in there.

Where the hell was she?

He walked back into the room and started to reach for his phone when he saw the paper. Her beautiful handwriting sprawled over the page. It looked like it was hurriedly written. He reached for it and read it and his heart sunk to the sole of his feet.

Hey,  plantsy.
Sorry, I have to leave for a few minutes. I'm meeting up with Zizi and my team. The directors fixed a last-minute meeting with my team and I have to be there.
Sorry for the messed-up plans. I would make it up to you this weekend.
Love you,  Spice.

He crumpled the note and dumped it in the bin as he went back to the bathroom,  he took a shower,  had his meal, and went ahead to call his editor if she was still available to meet. She had called him earlier to confirm if they could go through some of the modifications together but he had declined because he wanted to spend the day with Deki. He might as well bury himself in his work if the one he wanted to spend time with was also working.
When she confirmed she was available,  he grabbed his car keys and went to meet her at the 'Office Lounge, a serene place where his editor, Toni liked to work.

The rented office space, an office desk and two chairs,   a meeting table and six chairs, a copier, printer, and four computers, two workstations, white walls with motifs on one side, a TV blaring mostly news channel, an air conditioner and two recliner chairs in front of a floor to ceiling windows facing the sea, gave Misan's spirit a lift as soon as he walked in.

"I am so glad you could come in on such short notice and a holiday," Toni said as he took his seat. "I am so sorry about this but since I am free,  I had to make do with today. my fiance had to travel so I had no one to spend the day with."

Misan nodded, acknowledging everything she said.
"I want us to go over this final draft one last time before I send it to my boss. "
She pulled out a thick bundle of papers and placed it in front of him.