intertwined

The first task of the Triwizard Tournament has been all anyone could think about

The first task of the Triwizard Tournament has been all anyone could think about. What could it be? How dangerous will it be? The questions excited many while it caused nervousness for other's.

"Come sit down." I patted the space beside me.

"I can't believe they are having bloody dragons!" Wes said, stopping his pacing and taking a seat.

"I knew I shouldn't of told you. But I figured it'd be better for you to find out before rumors started floating about."

"You're probably right."

"Of course I am! Now let's try to focus on homework, yeah?" I turned back to my unfinished potions work, unaware of the smile on my friends face and the unseen affection growing.

After nearly a hour of writing I sorted my papers together and looking up to the boy seated on the couch I'm leaning on I ask if he'd like to take a break. Putting our work away we met back in the common room and walk together toward the kitchen. As the two of us approached the door my breath hitched in the back of my throat. In that moment Wes's hand brushed against mine and I took hold of it, pur fingers intertwined and air returned to my lungs.

"Hi Dot! I'll have a hot chocolate's please."

"I'll have the same." Wes said. The house elf smiled with a nod and ran off the get our beverages.

"Was everything alright back there?"

"Hm?" I asked, "oh yeah, everything's fine."

"You stopped breathing."

"Oh well, the cold makes it hard sometimes." Dot returned with our drinks at the perfect time, "this will help!" I put on a smile. Lifting the mug I took a sip, hoping the questioning will be dropped.

"Hey," I looked at Wes. "You don't have to tell me everything. But you don't have to lie to me." He raised his eyebrows as he spoke and concern unlike I've seen before could be seen on his face.
___

Girls and boys are lined up on each side of the room with head of Gryffindor, Professor McGonagall standing in the center. "Mr. Weasley, would you care to come down?" Ron reluctantly stood up from his seat and before McGonagall. "Now place your hand on my waist."

"Where?"

McGonagall snapped at the embarrassed boy and the both of them started dancing to everyone's amusement. Small bursts of laughter would erupt across the room, that is until everyone was told to pick a partner and join the practice. Looking around it seemed nearly everyone was partnered up.

"Still need a partner?" A hand was held out in front of me," I need one too."

I accept the hand and walk to a corner of the room that isn't so crowded. The boy looked just a little older than me and was about a head taller with curly blonde hair. "I'm Derek. Derek Filey."