gifts

I heard voices talking around me

"She looks so peaceful. Should we wake her up?"

"I mean what she doesn't know won't hurt but do you think she'd want to miss out?" I recognized the voice as Fred's, one of the Weasley twins.

I pretended to be asleep as I listened in to the conversation. I felt a nudge on my shoulder, "Hailey?" My name was whispered.

I opened my eyes to see Fred, George, Ron, Harry and Hermione standing around me. Harry moved his hand from my shoulder and I looked around. I remembered that I fell asleep in the common room while finishing homework. I stretched and sat myself up on the couch.

"So what do I not want to miss out on?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

George jumped over the couch I'm on and landed in front of the fireplace, the glow of the flames illuminating behind him.

"Our first big prank of the year that's what! Fred and I have been planning it for months and you're going to help!"

"I have no choice?"

"Nope!" George said, plopping himself beside me. Everyone else found a seat, making a circle beside the fireplace. "Filch has worked at Hogwarts for 20 years and we would like to show our appreciation. We will have a gift for him for everyday leading up to his anniversary this week."

"A full week of pranks? That's brilliant!"

"But how do you except execute them all? Professor McGonagall will shut down after the first prank!" Hermione asked.

"Not to worry my dear, everything will be set up tonight so when we're told "no more pranks" they will already of been done." A smile is spread across the twins face, "We have thought of it all!"

"We will be separated into pairs. Fred and I will be together, Ron and Hermione, Harry and Hailey." The twins assigned us our pranks and how to set them up, "Now you know what to do, yes?" We nodded our heads. "We will meet back here at 3am. Good luck and watch out for Mrs. Norris!"

We all left through the portrait hole and went our own way. The night was chilly and the sky dark with the moon being covered by white clouds. A cool breeze blew through the open corridor, just off of the clock tower courtyard.

"I really would of thought George and Fred would of come up with better pranks." Harry said.

"So is this a regular thing they do then?"

"Yeah, after a visit to Hogsmeade they will restock their supply from Zonko's Joke Shop. They do regularly use their stock throughout the semester but they always have at least one big prank. This year it will be played on Filch."

"So I was right! I knew there was something about the two of them being fun." I laughed.

We made it to the kitchen's and talked to a house elf. Every morning Filch is posted by the doors at the entrance inside The Great Hall, standing, looking for someone to get in trouble. A house elf brings him a cup of tea that he drinks at his post. One of these mornings he will be brought a nose-biting tea cup.