flight

Peter Pettigrew

Peter Pettigrew. A name I hadn't heard of before and a person I never knew existed and yet here they were, in the embodiment of a rat. As a child you would dream of being able to become your favorite animal but a dream is all you ever believed it could be but here things were different. Even the most impossible thoughts could be.

Chocolate, a name I gave to a dog I had grown to know was not who I thought at all. Sirius Black, a name I heard before although I knew the name only for a person. One thing I've learned is not to presume, for not everything is as you believe it to be. We have a power like no other and nothing has to be as it is.

"It can't be. You- you told me the map was wrong, that Peter was dead."

"It was me who was wrong. I've been wrong for twelve years but now I finally see the truth."

With a motion of dad's wand and an unspoken spell the man turned from rat to man. He made a run toward Harry, begging his forgiveness. Forgiveness I don't understand should be given. Dad and Sirius grabbed hold of him, pushing him back and throwing him to the ground.

"You are undeserving of forgiveness you-"

"Sirius." Dad tried to calm him.

"You are the reason my parents are dead." Harry came to the realization. "You sold them out! And for what? What did you get from it?"

Sirius held the wand in his hand tightly, pushing it into the man's neck. Threatening him without even saying a word. "Remus?"

Dad nodded.

"Wait no!" Harry shouted.

"You kind, kind boy. This is what your father would want, he wouldn't want his friends to be murderers."

"You are one to talk. Beside I wouldn't know that, would I?" He turned to the two men, "please. Don't do this, not you. Let the dementors have him."

Pettigrew was lifted from his knees and shoved down the ladder and into the tunnel. Standing at the base of the tree the moonlight is shining upon the grounds and a figure is approaching with haste. "Lupin you fool!" Held in his hand is a vial.

"Remus! You haven't taken your wolfsbane?" Sirius looked up to see the full moon in the sky, he released his grip on a bound Peter, "Remus! Remember who you are this soul is yours, this soul is who you are!"

His desperate begs were to no avail. Light casted itself on all of us and bones began to break. Screams of agony, cries of pain and hatred filled the air. And one last word was spoken but only for the two to hear, "I'm sorry my love." Clothes were torn and in one moment my father in the only way I knew him was stripped away from me. No matter how hard he might of tried to stay, he was gone.

"Severus please! The kids!" Sirius yelled.

Professor Snape grabbed hold of us and tried pushing us toward the castle. "No!" Harry screamed as we watched the binding fall away and Pettigrew run off through the grass.