halloween

October 31

October 31

"How lucky are we that Halloween is on a Sunday? No classes, no homework. Just a whole day to do whatever we want!" Wes said excitedly.

"Except we can't go to Hogsmeade." I said with a sigh. "Sorry, I don't mean to bring down your mood but I hate that we can't go."

Not until your third year are you allowed to go with a parent's permission so that leaves many behind.

"Mum and I would always make these apple cinnamon cookies on Halloween and when dad would come home from work the three of us would watch the nightmare before christmas, eat the cookies we made. Why don't we go to the kitchen and make them?"

"Yeah, that sounds fun!" It did sound better then sulking around the castle. The two of us mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, roll the cookies in cinnamon sugar and place them on a tray. "They smell so good!" The two of us are sat in front of the oven. The heat from the glass warming our hands that are pressing on it.

"This was a good idea, thank you for mentioning it."

"I've been wanting to make them anyway. I mean- but I'm really happy to of made them with you."

Jack-o-lantern's floated above our heads and ghosts wandered up and down the hall making friendly conversation while others, like Peeves found amusement in scaring Mrs. Norris and chasing her out of the hall, making Filch go on a race to catch her.

All the food that felt like a warm hug filled the center of the table. Soups and warm breads, hot sandwiches and chips, pitchers of pumpkin juice which were never empty and any dessert you could imagine were served on golden dishes. All the students had returned from their trip to Hogsmeade and we are all gathered in the great hall for the feast. The twins got me a chocolate frog and something from zonkos. "You slip this in the victim's drink and their hair will turn whatever color the drop is."

"Just please don't use it on us." Fred said, not so jokingly.

"Thanks for these! I'll definitely not use them on you." I winked.

"She's making me nervous."

"Me too. Let's move a little further away."

"And maybe get some new drinks." The twins took a seat with their friends.

Today was a long day and I wanted to spend the rest of it by myself so I finished dinner before everyone else and left the great hall. I wanted to do some quiet reading in the common room before everyone finished dinner. Munching on a pumpkin pastie I come up to the portrait of the Fat Lady. "Chocolate?"

The dog turns on me with a growl. Once recognizing me he stops and runs away. "What have you done?" I shouted loud enough for him to still hear me. The portrait is ruined, torn apart and the Fat Lady is no where to be seen. I hear voices coming up behind me, shoes stomping up the stairs.