Chapter 8

Note

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.
• English is not my native language.
• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

----------------------------------------------------------

Dust misted the air with a faint smell of wall plaster from the tumbledown walls, which overlapped the monsters' parts. Everything became calm with the stars that sneaked behind the sky, which had turned the color of the night ocean.

Kim Rok Soo clenched his fist, his thumb rubbing on the index finger while waiting for Omid's reply.

     - Cale, can you hear me?

     - Yes. What was happening, I couldn't feel you at the moment.

He could imagine how Omid crossed his arms with his ears twitching. 'He is ...feeling guilty...'

     - There was a tremor while monsters attacked. Everything's still under control. I put on the protection spell as a precaution. But the problem arises from within, it seems that someone intentionally started a chain of panic in the crowd that made them break the hive-like bees. I could feel some existence leaving the shelter.

Kim Rok Soo's eyes flashed in an instant as something came to his mind.

     - You've not finished yet. What could it be?

     - Her. The child. It feels like something separates me from her that I can't follow. Her position changes strangely quickly, as if she just jumped from place to place.

Kim Rok Soo held back a sigh, he did not get any information about the potential of her powers. 'She always brings me surprises. Why am I still surprised after all?'

     - Cale, I apologize.

He paused at what he just heard. A moment before, his heart was beating like crazy, and a wave of feelings rose inside him that was so mixed with things that he couldn't tell them exactly.

But this sentence pulled him back.

His mind became silent as the wave pressed down.

Kim Rok Soo knew this world somehow limited Omid's existence. It could be worlds and their laws. Who knew. But even so, Omid was still here with him. He had been by the side of no one like him.

The Spiritual King or mythical creatures, a mighty Dragon or anything else, there was nothing absolute omnipotent. Even though he was the infamous Trash, he still knew how to live like a human.

     - You helped a lot. So don't let me hear that again.

He knew not to repay someone's hard work with a slap. Especially the one who cared for him that much.

     - Cale, her existence was hard to pinpoint as she seems to be moving non-stop, but it looks like she's heading towards the side area.

Kim Rok Soo closed his eyes to review the map of this area. The whole area gradually fell into disrepair, as this area was home to an orphanage center and a few buildings that were rarely requisitioned.

That was when a soft tone took the attention of everyone, including him.

     - They said the child is around this area, but it takes quite far to come over here though.

The occupied site was not far from the shelter chosen to assemble the children, although the two locations described were, of course, a ways from the battle area. Because it was an attack, they agreed to sacrifice the whole area's infrastructure, which had to be cared for and rebuilt a long time ago. That was the reason for the scene of ruined buildings with monster corpses around them. There was no other appearance.