Chapter 12

Note

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.
• English is not my native language.
• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

----------------------------------------------------------

    - Serve him a glass of milk. And a teacup for me, thank you.

An undertone sounded right after Kim Rok Soo took his seat. The chair next to him was pulled out, and a familiar smile could be seen.

     - Ya, young man, long time no see.

Acting naturally as if they were sitting at some coffee shop, the man turned to the bartender with his eyebrow raised since no reply was noted as he kept looking back and forward between Kim Rok Soo and the just-arrived man.

'You order milk and tea in such a place?'

Kim Rok Soo thought, but he decided to help the poor bartender by nodding at him.

     - Just do as he says.

     - Oh, do you need more sugar, young man?

     -...I'm good, Ajussi Yoo.

Darkness quietly embraced the space as the lights scattered like little stars on the picture of the night, casting light onto the row of glass bottles filled with liquid above the counter. The skillful hands of the bartender combine colors like a painter in the middle of a space of murmuring conversation. Everything suddenly brought Kim Rok Soo back to a familiar place with nostalgic scents, sounds, and colors.

Clack

The small sound got his attention when the glass put in front of him came along with the interested face of Mr. Yoo. Kim Rok Soo elegantly picked up the glass; his fingers could feel the perfect temperature through the material. He had no difficulty taking a sip of the drink as if it were not a glass of milk in a place full of wine and all that jazz. Or at least Kim Rok Soo tried to be since he felt the man's gaze nearly drill a hole in his bandaged hand.

It was not all about people's overreaction toward him ever since he took the injury as an excuse. As he knew that the members were worried for their Leader and the others got theirs for different reasons, he accepted all kinds of unusual requests as long as they weren't way too far. Besides, some strangely familiar and coincidental events had been hovering in front of Kim Rok Soo for the past few days, and he felt tired of continuing to deny them. Like the sneakily followed feet and the peeking eyes, and even a glass of milk to replace any order of wine.

'I'm starting to drown in my own pool of scenarios again.'

     - You seem to have a lot on your mind, young man.

The warm and wavy surface of the teacup was the only thing that reflected the man's thoughtful eyes before a sincere smile faced Kim Rok Soo.

Kim Rok Soo slightly frowned. He didn't get that expression, which reminded him too much about the past or the not-going-to-happen future of the place he had left. One or two things to recall how far he had gone were needed, but he was not sure what to do if they kept showing up. Maybe he wanted to play with whatever life threw at him... with his rules.

     - I just thinking of what to do on the coming days off, that's all, Ajussi.

     - Heh.

They both knew none of them would take that answer.