Chapter 25

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.

• English is not my native language.

• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

-------------------------------------

[Except for the original characters and context from the novel, other events, characters, places, etc. mentioned in this fanfiction are fictitious and do not refer to any specific actual place or person]

Mentioned violence at the end

---------------------------------------

- Huh. I did not know you two were close friends enough to share my plan of mine. I trusted you enough to let you join the little secret survey, haa. Oh whatever gods are over there just witness the tragedy of my heart.

Kim Rok Soo sounded dramatically disappointed while hiding his smile behind his handkerchief.

In the meantime, Cha Jaeheon, who was sitting opposite him, had his hands waved in the air while frantically finding a way to explain:

- I can explain. I did not mean to spill anything out...it just... well, Han Sung Joon asked me something randomly, and I got distracted. But I swear he finds it out by himself.

- Here you go, Jang Sejong ssi.

Han Sung Joon remained with his smile as always and placed the spoon and the chopsticks that had just been cleaned in front of Jang Sejong. He did everything normally under Kim Rok Soo's unimpressed gaze. The two had known each other long enough to coordinate without saying much. Kim Rok Soo knew Cha Jaeheon only acted comfortable with the one he trusted to work with and nothing to complain about this guy's approach to work; it was just that Hans had learned something after years by his side, so Hans definitely found a way to get the information he needed, no matter if that information exploitation object was a legend hero or noble.

- Heh. Just pretend I take that explanation then.

- Come on. How can I prove my innocence? Does "This meal is on me" sound good?

Of course, only Han Sung Joon knew exactly what was going on from the beginning, yet he did not say a word because his Master seemed to enjoy the small play; unfortunately, that made Jang Sejong and Cha Jaeheon's bewilderment rise. The diner they chose did not have many customers at the moment, cozy and neat atmosphere, which was quite well-known among locals, welcomed the group of three with Han Sung Joon's bright greeting. And that was why we had such a dramatic scene above where Kim Rok Soo pretended to question Cha Jaeheon about why his secret work was leaked to Han Sung Joon.

- ... Ahahaa! If you are insistent, Cha Jaeheon ssi. Don't take it seriously.

Ding

- Hoh, but I do seriously want to hear more about what my beloved Dongsaeng did this time. Auntie! Please give us three more special sets with homemade sauces.

The doorbell rang, followed by familiar footsteps on the high heels echoing on the floor. Kim Rok Soo did not need to turn around to know Joo Yerim was standing behind her with her arms crossed.

- Don't play "I can't hear, I don't know" with me.

She nodded with Han Sung Joon and noticed the new face:

- Oh. Little one, these idiots there must have given you a fright somehow. But I guarantee you, they are good idiots. Joo Yerim.

She naturally joined and greeted Jang Sejong, ignoring how the "idiots" were trying to defend themselves.