Chapter 4

Note

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.
• English is not my native language.
• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

----------------------------------------------------------

- What do you mean when you said the timeline here has changed?

Cale frowned. Though he said he did not have the right to demand it, at least something like what he just heard must be informed. And now, in front of him, God's lackey appeared in the form of a stray cat. He wasn't sure whether to remark on how feeble and filthy the cat was or how careless God was.

Sitting down at the eye level of the cat, which had just been introduced as Choi Jung Soo, Cale scanned the eyes to confirm the health status of the cat: the little skeleton was visible because the white coat was stained in various places and had stuck to the flesh. If only Hans was here so Cale could get a fluffy white cat before he called for any orders.

- Due to the Deal that the God of Death had said, the time in your world will be back at the moment that could change its future.

The cat, no, Choi Jung Soo started; his ears were moving as he said, and his voice was calmer than before, but he could not hide the worry.

Cale nodded. 'When I met Choi Han, March 29 of the Felix'

- Therefore, the soul of this body owner would come to your world, and everything would go on. Kim Rok Soo became Cale Henituse at the age of 18.

Cale signaled that he had no objections. That was what Death had told him. But Death had not revealed more about this world.

- But the same happened to this world too. Instead of continuing as Kim Rok Soo at the age of 36, you are now Kim Rok Soo, who just turned 28.

The fact that Cale Henituse didn't take long to absorb, even a little satisfaction when the suspicion was confirmed, truly got Choi Jung Soo a big applause. Even though there was another soul inside this familiar face, why did they so closely resemble each other at some point?

Well, Choi Jung Soo is not 100% right. Cale was not as calm as he seemed. Breaking the laws of nature always comes with a price. For a moment, slices from the past made Cale feel like his ears were ringing before returning to the unfinished conversation.

- Is there any affection for this?

Cale did not ask if Death knew since Choi Jung Soo's body language already answered. There must be the involvement of another power. The question was, who could it be?

- I've been trying to contact the God of Death but still haven't gotten a proper answer. And whenever I try to appear in this world, my soul will automatically be sucked into this cat's body.

Since Choi Jung Soo existed in the form of a soul, traveling back and forth between Death's workplace and the living world, it was strange that his soul was bound by space. It's a bit different from the souls Cale knew.

A soul being sucked into a random body... Is that because something prevented a wandering soul on the street?

- We can discuss this later. So, tell me, where is she?

Did not even care to beat around the bush; Cale was finally back to his most cared-about situation. Changing the time to change fate. That sounded so light. But playing with time can also erase someone's existence.

Though his voice made no room for the suspicion that her existence was not here. Cale's thoughts were clearer when he was under strain and tension. Her soul was reincarnated on Earth 1. At this point, Death was not lying. Even though the time in this world had changed, which can affect her existence, she, who was said to have chosen to take her own life rather than go naturally as it was predetermined, the start of her new life would not be like the others. Souls who interfere with their destiny would not have a specific bond with their new status in the new life but with the world. So whether time changed or not, she'd be reborn. So