Chapter 15

I should have mentioned it lately:

Warning: Curse, bad words, violence,...

I planned to have two short chapters, but 15 is one of my favorite numbers, so enjoy this chapter ^^

Note

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.
• English is not my native language.
• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

----------------------------------------------------------

Rustle

The small footsteps on the white gravel path led to the bench placed at the garden entrance, which sounded behind Kim Rok Soo. He hummed. Keep flipping the book without looking back, as he knew who that was. Did not know when the child slowly got more confident approaching him. He chuckled a bit when he remembered how the sneaky, tiny one became an individual who enjoyed the silent company beside him.

He secretly watched the child take her seat properly and had a proud smile on her face while swinging her legs. Right. Every seven-year-old child had their own self-esteem. He should not interfere with the child's exploration of the world unless there was any danger.

The two shared the silence in the middle of the blowing wind and the flipping pages.

     - Ah

Some mischievous wind just visited and made one of the loosening hair ties on the child slip out. Kim Rok Soo reached out and caught it right away under the surprised round eyes of the child. He blinked, one hand holding a book and one hand having a hair tie while observing Eun-ha's messy hair due to the wind.

     - May I do your hair, Dear?

He asked after placing the book aside, patiently waiting for permission. Eun-ha nodded her small head as she turned around. The tiny figure was being embraced by the sunset.

Kim Rok Soo put her hair ties down, then he gently removed Eun-ha's braid from the other side. His adroit fingers detangled her lock without pulling any of them. Everything started slow as he gradually reminisced about the old memories. He carefully touched her hair and cherished it, like he was touching the nostalgic days that had been kept behind his smile for so long. There was no need for the comb, he easily divided it into two sections to make the secured bases before starting braiding from one side.

Left to right, crossed the sections into place to have more layering. His move became smoother as the memories led his hands. Before he realized it, he finished the final step by securing her hair with the hair tie. A tiny hand carefully touched the finished braid while tilting her head, making the ponytail, which he made temporary to secure, wiggle.

     - Hold on, I have not done yet, Dear.

He could not hold his laughter at how Eun-ha's back straightened after hearing his words.

     - There you go. All done.

Eun-ha looked happy as she kept raising her hands and then put them down, just like she was afraid she would accidentally mess it up. She looked up to Kim Rok Soo and gave him a cheerful smile.

      - I like it a lot. Thank you, Ahjussi.

He was stunned at the scene as something appeared to overlap with the present. He saw a bright grin with chubby, flushed cheeks on his little sister whenever he leisurely brushed her short brown curls and did some tiny braids secured by some fresh flowers he found in the garden.