Chapter 5

Note

• Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction.
• English is not my native language.
• Please do not repost my work and the artwork, you can find them on my X/ IG/ Ao3 or Wattpad under the account J_K_Klara

----------------------------------------------------------

Director Ma.

The Record started its work as Kim Rok Soo observed the man who approached him without even hiding the taunting in his smile. The glass in that man's hand reflected his sarcastic look. Right, Director Ma, who supposedly clashed against Team 1 quite often, was famous for being more interested in politics than what happened in the company, did not even look at Kim Rok Soo. If he had to compare, those who dared to show their attitude like this man, were a bit easier to deal with than old foxes who hide behind friendly smiles.

     - It's been a while since we last talked to each other.

Well, since Director Ma had been busily sycophantic to some big figures on a survey in the area, Kim Rok Soo had not met him yet. He had time to adjust his life thanks to that.

     - And I heard that our Team Leader Kim was resting for a week, how amazing!

The way Director Ma raised his voice but kept it enough not to let the others hear it made Kim Rok Soo feel funny.

Still, Kim Rok Soo stayed silent, decided that those looks around were more interesting.

Party, where prying eyes and ears were everywhere while those fat preys sneaked cunningly; where to establish relationships, or it might also be a great place to declare a turn against one another. As someone who went this far to touch the "permanent director chair", Kim Rok Soo did hope this man did not open the umbrella to refuse the parts "brain" and "sensible" while being blessed.

Oh, his bad. He forgot the part "one of" before the "permanent directors", maybe the man who got the sly gaze in front of him also forgot it.

'He forgot his place'

     - Did a week off make you forget how to communicate, Team Leader Kim? Oh my!

Heh, Kim Rok Soo'd call that a hit.

'Stop laughing, Omid. My ears are buzzing'

Tilting his head slightly towards the gazes that had noticed where they stood for a while, Kim Rok Soo elegantly shook his head with a crooked corner of the mouth, which implied "no need to come over" to Kim Min Ah and the other members.

Oh, what an energetic team Kim Rok Soo got; was that Yoo Hee Young, who was about to take off her high heels and aim in the direction of Director Ma while being stopped by Jung So Hoon and Park Ji Hyuk? And Joo Yerim was saying something like her heels were higher; correct him if he read it right. Kim Min Ah and Ho Chan-yeol were talking in a low voice next to someone Kim Rok Soo had never met but knew. Bae Puh Rum. A wavy middle-parted hairstyle partially obscured the dark eyes that were watching this way. He was frequently the one to manage foreign issues because of his pleasant attitude and approachability. When those inquisitive eyes met Kim Rok Soo's amusing pupils, he paused and nodded in response to Kim Rok Soo's smile.

     - Kim Rok Soo!

'...This man has done his stand-up comedy already?'

As Kim Rok Soo slowly turned around, the action was a bit lazy but elegant; the wine glass was undulating with his movement.

     - So you were talking to me? My apologies for not responding since I did not know who to answer when that person does not even look at who he's talking to.