I Like Her

"Here we go," Bonnie said, she opened the door.

She stepped aside so Alexa could enter.
The rest were taken to their respective rooms by Stefan. Alexa likes that guy, he's sweet and polite, he's a teacher at this school. Alexa's room was a little far from the others, probably because she was little and they decided to give her the dorm room of one of their students. Alexa doesn't mind.

Bonnie was a nice woman, so far from Kol's strange greeting, Alexa thought she was a Witch. She is warm and friendly, sharing a mutual dislike for Kol. Alexa loves it too.

The room was smaller than his rooms in New Orleans and New York but spacious and comfortable, with the bed located in the middle. The faint smell of wood and dust lingered in the air.

A typical teenager's room, except a lot messier than she expected. Alexa isn't a neat freak, but she organizes her room neatly. Despite appearances, whoever lives in that room, could use a lesson in cleaning. The bed was shabby, the sheets were crumpled, and the pillows were scattered. There was a pile of discarded books in the corner which confused Alexa. Some clothes were lying here and there. Some serious lessons in cleaning.

"Sorry for the mess," Bonnie said in an embarrassed voice.

She walked further into the room and started picking up clothes from the ground.

"I swear I told Hope to clean it before she left. Her room isn't usually this messy, trust me."

"Hope like Hope Mikaelson?"

Bonnie looked at her.

"Do you know who Hope is?"

"Yes. Caelum, from my friend, he told me."

"Caelum, the guy with crazy chess skills?"

"Yeah, that's him."

She stood in the middle of the room, observing her with great interest. Hope must have been in a hurry because it seemed like she stormed into the room, threw her things into her bag, and rushed out. Alexa couldn't blame her, if he had been told that she could go home this very second, she wouldn't have wasted a second to run away.

The room seemed really comfortable, there was a window on one side, just a few steps from the bed. The bed looked soft and fluffy with four pillows. There was a lamp on the nightstand next to the bed, sticky notes of various colors stuck to it. A comfortable chair is located near the window.

A painting booth standing in another corner of the room caught Alexa's attention. It reminded her of Niklaus, even though he hadn't seen his own painting, she knew her was good. The corners of his lips twitched in amusement. Like father, Like daughter.

"So you are a witch?" Alexa asked, as a conversation starter.

Bonnie said, not taking her eyes off the bed she was making.

"Yes. I'm a Bennett witch."

"Wait. You're a Bennett witch?"

"You know about them?" Bonnie asked, sounding impressed.

"Yep. I've read about them. They are a very powerful group. Your ancestors migrated here to Mystic Falls in 1692, from Salem, Massachusetts to escape the witch trials. Your group is predominantly female and your family also descends from the Traveler bloodline . The Bennett family has been associated with the Salvatore family and the Petrova family since the 1st century BC"

The books Freya lent her and Alexa's mother's notes were so interesting that Vincent had to snatch the books and notes out of her hands and threaten to hide all her Marvel action figures and DVD collection because she refused to get off the couch and go to sleep.