Mystic Falls (Hello, Luv)

Caelum said Mystic Falls was a pretty little town, which Alexa thought was kind of true. It looked peaceful, surrounded by dense forest, the houses were small but looked spacious. There's a calm energy that Alexa feels every time she looks out the window to see the city. It's different from New Orleans. But both places are special in their own way.

She could enjoy the view for a longer time if certain imbeciles would stop pushing her at every turn they took. Kol would say 'oh sorry' or 'my bad' and then proceed to 'accidentally' hit her with his elbow.

Alexa refused to give up on his constant attempts to get a reaction from her, waiting for the right moment.

She glanced at Kol who was smearing cream on his face for who knows what reason and gave him a strange look.

"Well, I have to take care of this handsome face" He smiled contentedly.

"Yes, babies do have delicate skin. Have you packed your diapers?" Alexa said in a typical flat tone.

"Oh Lord." Enzo laughed.

"Pay attention to the road!" Vincent shouted.

Kol hit Alexa on the back of the head.

"Ouch!" She punched him in the arm.

"Little devil!"

"Babyface!"

The car slowed, and Vincent fixed the two with his classic 'I'll hit you if you don't shut up' look. In her defense, Alexa had been quiet for most of the trip, so it wasn't her fault that she decided to be fed up with Kol's stupidity, but she didn't say so.

The school was spectacular to look at, standing out in a way that made Alexa believe it had a life of its own.

Anyone with good observation skills can see that whoever created the school wanted the children to feel welcome and safe, they wanted the place to look like home. Now she understood why Caelum was excited about this, why he kept saying that Alexa would love it. She really did now.

A large circle of grass sat in the middle, between the two entrances. Niklaus' car had arrived in front of them and she could see the others getting out of the car. Alexa felt the place was a little empty because they sent most of the people home or moved them somewhere else.

Enzo parked the car and they stepped out, Vincent glaring at them while Enzo looked like he was having fun.

"Enzo almost ran us into a tree."

"You guys haven't even been here five minutes and just wow."

Alexa's attention turned to the entrance and what she didn't expect to see was a face she didn't expect at all. It was a hummingbird woman.

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Mystic Falls was exactly as Klaus remembered it, not much had changed except that there seemed to be more people and fewer shops around. The city has not lost its charm and peace. If he was honest, it felt nice to be away from the busy streets of New Orleans. He hoped to see Hope, he missed her so much, but first, they had to make sure that Alexa knew the truth.

This was all Hayley's idea, stating that it would be better for Hope to have someone close to her age in her family. He wasn't very excited about this but after Freya found out, he couldn't resist anymore. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but ever since the girl came to their house, a sense of normality made its way through them. There was something about the girl, she had a certain personality that, he noticed, made everyone around her like her. That was great, but he wanted Hope to be a part of this too. But part of him was bitter, knowing that the girl was older than Hope and his brother daughter.