Our differences make us stronger

Felix's POV
Seline:I discarded my dad's riches to lead a simple life with Pedro.It broke my father's heart, because he always wanted to shower my mother and I with riches.So hearing that I was going to lead a much simple life , bothered him.

My mom,she assured me that she would speak to my father, but she made me promise to be patient with the new life I was going to live.

I didn't think much of it at the time,until I started living a life without riches.It was so hard living without the comforts of my past life.

I was literally treated like a princess and spoiled in riches,but now here I was , leading a simpler life.Patience ,my mother said.I then understood her.

This life isn't easy,you have to fight for it.I needed to fight my love with Pedro.I decided to look at the good instead of the bad.The good was his selfless efforts to make me happy.

He knew ,it wouldn't be easy for me living a simple life,so he made a huge effort to make life more comfortable for me.I wasn't used to working at all,so he decided to work extra hard for me.

But I realized we were a team,I needed to help him.It was tough,but putting in mind of our love,I was able to do it.I managed to lead a simple life, because I had the support of the love of my life.

I was a rich girl,he was a poor man,we came together despite our differences and made it work.our differences made us stronger, because we were able to overcome it, and now we are one.

Look how far we've gone,we have a beautiful son and daughter, and now we have alot of grandkids.How I wish my parents were alive see them.They died 2 years after Melissa's birth.

Felix:were you able to fix your relationship with your father?
Selene:yes.He was trying to accept us ,but after Albert's birth,he completely melted.He was able to forgive us.There is nothing more important than family,I tried to instil the same in Melissa when she met Andrew, but I failed her.

Pedro:you didn't dear,I did.But we have been given a second chance to make her see the beauty of family and she has seen it.Felix,you are the only puzzle left in her life.She is reunited with us, and most importantly she is reunited with her son.She has become the business woman she has always wanted to be.Only you are left.

Seline:You have a 20 year age gap,to be honest, that's 2 decades between you two,but why should it matter,when you love each other.A relationship is never fixed perfectly, there are going to be differences and challenges, that's what makes a relationship.We can see how much you love her, and how much she loves you, please don't let her go.

Felix:I will never let her go.
Pedro:then you need to trust in her love for you.You need to believe it,if you don't have any trust in her, your relationship will never work.Let go of those insecurities.Love has no age,you two are living proofs of that,but you are throwing it away.

Felix:I won't let that happen,I can't.
(I got up) I am going to her.
Pedro:as much as I want you two to be together,no.Go to your room young man.
Seline:will you chill already,they are adults.
Pedro: precisely,they know what they are doing,all too well.

Seline giggled.I couldn't help but smile.I now see where Melissa gets her quirky attitude from, and where she gets that cute giggle from.

Her parents were so lovely.They were the best, unlike my parents.I wish Melissa's parents were my parents too,they will be, once Melissa and I get married.I can't believe Selina is my sister.

She always looked familiar but I didn't think much of it.I am so happy she got unconditional love from Melissa.She deserves it and more.

Sleeping was the hardest thing,my Melissa was upset with me.I had to fight the urge of going to her,or her father would kill me.I heard footsteps,I got off my bed and came out only to find my soon to be aunt pamila and soon to be uncle,Albert.

They were enjoying each other's company as the snuggled together in the couch,on the Terrance.Love like this inspires me.To be able to live together for years and still have that blazing love.

I wish for the same for me and Melissa.With that I went to bed.The next-day,I decided to cook for the entire family.I served them as they sat.Lisa was the last to come in.

She looked so beautiful in the mornings.After moving out of my parents house,Lisa insisted that I stay with her and her family.With much persuasion I agreed.Her family was so welcoming.

Seline: you've got yourself a real man,dear.He cooks very well unlike others
Pedro: wait,are you saying am not a real man?do I suck that much.
(The remaining family members chuckled.)

Seline: nobody said that, you were the one thinking it,so who am I to judge?
(She chuckled).
Felix:how do you like the food dear?
Lisa: it's good.(she said not looking at me) Selina, remember we have a party tonight.
Selina:but,that party will be boring, Take Felix.

Lisa:no(she said bluntly.) Am taking you, end of discussion.
Pamila:darmn girl,you are always grumpy,you need morning sex.
(The whole family stopped and stared at her dramatically as if sex was a taboo.)

Pamila:oh please, it's not like we here are all virgins.
Michael:I still am.
Pamila (sternly) and you better keep it that way.
Michael:but you...(pamila glared making Micheal shutup.Melissa broke into laughter , followed by her family.Darmn she was so beautiful.)

She doesn't want to go with me to the party because she is upset.Let the games begin, because am coming to that party.