xxxvii ◈ Valèn

I became wary of the situation right now. It's not because I don't trust my father's men. They are surprisingly precised and discipline, covering me like their life depend on it. But their actions are making me anxious. Sino ba ang mga sumusunod sa amin?

"Where are the other group?" Fern asked manuevering the wheel.

"Covering the back."

Gusto kong magtanong kung anong nangyayari sa labas pero hindi ko alam kung makakakuha ako ng maayos na sagot sa kanila. They are very careful with their words, halatang ayaw nilang ipaalam sa akin.

Huminga ako ng malalim. Hindi ko gusto ang tensyong bumabalot sa loob ng sasakyan. This feeling...like someone is choking me. Wala sa sarili kong kinapa ang leeg. Nawala na ang collar pero parang may bagay paring nakapalibot sa aking leeg. It's suffocating.

"Is there a problem Young lady?" Fern asked. Tiningnan ko siya, gusto kong sabihin na hindi ako makahinga pero hindi ko magawa.

Buong akala ko ay natanggap ko na nawala ang boses ko. But right now, all I feel is frustration. With my voice, with my situation, with all this chasing and hunting. I can't stand this anymore. I can't...Sasa.

"Why? What's wrong Young lady?"

Sasa...talk to me...now!

"Khal she's burning!"

"Call Dr. Verde, quick!"

I never wanted this Sasa. I'm so tired of being caged. All I want is freedom, for atleast my lifetime but I always end up in a cage. Tell me...what do I need to do to end this suffering?

Sasa...

"There's a sedative shot on her bag, I put everything in there. Be calm while you inject it to her arm."

"Damn, she's burning hot. Is she really going to be okay?"

"Just give her the shot and we'll see..."

I just want this all to end...

Dahan dahan nagmulat ang aking mga mata. I feel my barefoot touching the grass, the wind blowing my hair...I'm in the forest again. This is the place where I met Sasa, nandito ba sya?

Are you here, Sasa?

Nagsimula akong maglakad. Wala akong naririnig na tunog kundi ang mga tuyong dahon na natatapakan ko. The fog is disabling me to see clearly, hinawi ko ang mga ito at napagtanto na malapit lang ako sa isang bangin.

Where are you, Sasa?

Mabilis akong nagbaling ng tingin nang may marinig akong isang alulong. Nanggaling ito sa dulong bahagi ng bangin! Agad akong tumakbo sa kanyang direksyon. As I was about to reach her, my vision started to blur and I suddenly gets back in the car.

Tumulo ang luha ko. I found her...

"She's...she's back!"

"Okay, good. Let her relax for a minute, and this is the second time I'll be saying this...be calm, all of you. That girl...is a ticking bomb. Now that's the collar is removed, all of her strongest senses are in the open. Don't make her use any of that."