☆ BONUS #1 ☆

YOU WALKED INTO THE building, yawning as you quickly slipped on your vest over your hoodie. "look who finally decided to show up! you're fifteen minutes late, l/n! we have a party soon!" your supervisor yelled as he tapped his clipboard. "relax connor, i'm here now to make sure some kid doesn't choke on their straw" you spoke sarcastically, walking past him. "tch, some party attendant.." connor spoke underneath his breath, walking off.

☆☆☆☆☆

"make sure the hook is in the loop so you don't fall, mkay?" you said, lazily explaining how not to die on a rock wall. "here, birthday girl. you'll head up first" you hooked the line up to the vest, making sure everything was alright before allowing her to start the climb. as she climbed, the other kids eventually left to do other things.

you gripped onto the rope, yawning once more. 'how long has connor had that stick up his ass? probably born with it. maybe that's why he's six foot one, it morphed with his spine or something' you thought as your grip loosened on the rope. you were spacing out and didn't hear the girl shouting to you.

you snapped out of your thoughts at the last second, pulling on the rope so the girl wouldn't hit the ground. you tensed up, seeing that the girl began to cry as you brought her to the ground. as if on cue, connor walked over, a smug grin on his face. "i saw everything, l/n" he spoke as various emotions washed over you. "traumatizing a child by almost making them fall to her death? not only could that get you fired, but possibly arrested!" connor said, crossing his arms proudly.

you didn't know what to say. you couldn't afford to lose this job. if you did, chances are you'd be forced to move back in with your parents, since you'd have nowhere else to go. connor was such an ass! then again, you weren't paying attention to the kid..just being fired would've you being shown mercy.

"connor, please! it was just an honest mistake-" "an honest mistake that could get us sued if you hadn't noticed her falling" connor interrupted, grabbing his walkie-talkie from his belt. his smug face was gone, he had finished toying with you. you quickly grabbed his wrist as you looked at him with pleading eyes. "please connor.." you said softly. after a couple moments, connor rolled his eyes. "christ, you're annoying, l/n. i'll just add it to your disciplinary folder- sorry- folders. plural" he replied, walking over to the family of the girl. you let out a sigh of relief, gripping onto your hoodie.

☆☆☆☆☆

you sipped your drink, trying not to pay attention to connor's glare. things didn't go over well with the family, you heard. they planned to sue for a large amount of cash. yeah, you were definitely in trouble with the boss now. your eyes wandered over to a guy who was sitting on the opposite side on the table, fiddling with his walkie-talkie. a book lay next to his arm. you stood, walking over and looking at the cover.

"dream theory, hm?" you read the title aloud, startling the male. "seems like an interesting read" you added. "uhm- yeah, it says that you can't forget anything, even the smallest details" he spoke, looking at you. "sounds about right" you replied, sitting next to him. "no matter how hard i try, i can't forget shit."

he nodded, glancing at the book. "though, it is just a theory after all" he said. "it does sound pretty believable though, right?" you added, tensing up when your timer went off. "oh, break's over..this was a decent talk, guy. what's your name, for future reference" you asked.

"mike" he replied, watching you stand up. "i'm y/n l/n. nice to meet you. i'm sure i'll see you around, mike" you said, a tired smile on your face. "yeah, you too" mike responded. you then walked off to continue your shift as party attendant.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
forgot to mention, but i really appreciate the reads, votes, and comments this book has been getting, i've never gotten those so quick after publishing a book before lmao