Chapter Nineteen : Truths

En başından başla

"And you're going to buy yourself something nice," Natty chastised her Slytherin friend. "Nothing from the clearance rack."

Sabrina frowned. Like I have the money for something nice, she thought to herself.

With the promise of meeting with her friends in a few hours, Sabrina headed to the seventh floor corridor. The Room of Requirement instantly showed itself as soon as she was alone, and she headed inside. On a large couch to the left of the opening, Ominis was laying down with his eyes closed. She thought he was asleep until she saw the corners of his mouth tilt up. "Good morning, my dear."

Instantly, Sabrina was by his side as he sat up. Ominis wrapped his arms around her and held her close, taking in her presence as she allowed herself to melt into him before they both lay down on the couch to cuddle..

"Are you still going to Hogsmeade today?" Ominis asked, a hint of longing in his voice as he pressed his lips to her temple.

Sabrina nodded. "The girls are insisting I buy myself something," she told him. "I don't know how to tell them I can't get something fancy like they want me to."

"What do you mean by you can't get yourself something fancy?" Ominis asked.

"I don't have the money," she explained.

Ominis was quiet for a few seconds in thought. "Would you like some money?"

The implication of his words instantly sent a small wave of guilt through her. "No, Ominis, don't–"

"Why not? I'm certainly not using it."

"I couldn't take your money, I would feel bad."

Ominis' hold on Sabrina tightened slightly. "My dear, I cannot take you on a date to Hogsmeade. And I cannot go out and buy you something myself without raising suspicions. Besides...." She saw a slight blush come over Ominis' face. "I want to do this for you. Please."

Sabrina hesitated still. She always hated it when people gave her money as gifts. She hadn't grown up with money, and what money she had raised for the orphanage or the church she certainly never kept any of it. When she was younger, the charity didn't bother her, but now that she was at Hogwarts and never had to worry about food or clothing, it almost felt wrong to take money from others. "What if your family notices the money missing?" she countered, trying to find any excuse not to take it.

The boy chuckled. "My family is so wealthy, they don't even keep track of how much allowance they give me a month. Trust me, it's fine my dear."

The guilt in Sabrina's stomach seemed to sink deeper.

Ominis frowned. "Why do you not want to take it?"

"You'll laugh at me."

"I will not."

Sabrina took a deep breath. "I shouldn't be so accepting of charity when I'm so blessed with what I already have."

His frown deepened. "My dear, it's not charity," he assured her. "It's your boyfriend taking care of you and wanting to help you do a nice thing. Even if I cannot see you, I want you to look nice at Sebastian's birthday party. And you deserve everything I can give you, even if it's not a lot."

"Ominis–"

"Sabrina, let me do this for you. Please."

Finally, Sabrina took a deep breath. "Alright," she agreed.

Ominis smiled and placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. "If I can just make a small request?"

Sabrina hummed as she moved a bit closer to him.