Chapter 20

Trollhunter's night at the museum:

First night:

8 p.m.

Team trollhunters was standing Infront of Eli's house looking at the goblin remains. Toby broke the silence by saying," Well, there's nothing to do here so let's go back to training in the forge." Blinky stopped Toby by saying," Oh no, master Tobias you don't understand. Whoever did this to this fellow will suffer  a fate worse than death. Because goblin payback is usually ten fold." "So, you're saying that whoever did this is in serious trouble." Asked Darcy. Aaarrrgghhhh replied," Yes." Toby said," I don't want some poor fellow to become goblin chow. Now we just need to figure out who did this." Mary screamed," I found him. It's a delivery man and he is going to be coming here again tonight in front of Eli's house." "So, what are we going to do now?" Asked Toby." We wait for them to come." Replied Claire.

10 p.m.

The delivery truck came just in time. The delivery man stepped out of the truck wearing earphones and dancing with the music's rhythm. He opened the back of his truck and took out a box which had "Fragile" written over it and he dropped it on the floor. The box made a shattering sound and the delivery man quickly picked it up and ran up the stairs and rang the calling bell of Eli's house. Eli came out and took the box and shook it and he seemed excited. The delivery man gave him a clipboard with a receipt and told him to sign in a designated place. Team trollhunters was watching from a distance and they finally noticed the goblin horde coming out of the mist and it was a very large horde. Blinky spoke on the radio," Do not engage the goblins. They have brought way more of their kin than I anticipated." Toby said," Eli is my classmate. I can't just let him die." Blinky corrected Toby by saying," Was your classmate master Tobias. All we can hope that he gets a quick death and any of you don't be afraid for goblins can smell fear." The goblins started to devour the delivery truck. Blinky replied," Interesting, it seems like their target was not the delivery man instead the mode of transportation used by him." Suddenly a goblin with a fake moustache drawn upon his face took out his head and started to look around and it's head was  looking towards Mary's direction. Blinky radioed her asking why was she scared when she was especially told to not be scared. Mary replied by saying," I couldn't help it. They reminded me of a scary alien horror movie that I watched yesterday." The goblins now were clearly able to smell Mary's fear and after they were done they started to head towards Mary and she started to  run in the opposite direction and others started to follow behind the goblin horde and they started to catch up to her." What were you thinking Mary? We were told not to be afraid and here you are comparing stupid goblins with creepy murderous aliens. Goblins look like creeps not monsters." Shouted Darcy." This is not the time for arguing we need to outrun them and hide." All of them finally caught up to Mary and they were able to hide from the goblins. A piece from a instruction manual containing a QR code which was from a fitness tracker got caught in Aaarrrgghhhh's fur. Darcy noticed a goblin wearing a fitness tracker around it's neck which looked like a leash or a dog collar. After escaping the goblins all of them came back to Trollmarket and was greeted by Vendel. Vendel asked," So, how did your mission go?" Blinky replied," First of all, we survived a goblin horde and no civilian died." "Wonderful. Were you able to find the goblin nest?" Asked Vendel. "Unfortunately,no." Replied Toby. Vendel shrugged," Eh, considering that this is your first proper encounter with goblins you  all did way better than I anticipated." In that moment Atlas came in and after seeing everyone exhausted he asked," What happened? You guys look like as if you were chased by a horde of goblins." Toby replied," That's exactly what happened." Jim under his expressionless helmet had become very sentimental for he had to put his best friend through that again but he can't do anything for all this experiences will ensure Toby's survival in the future. Atlas asked," Did you find out where their nest is?" "No." Replied Claire. Just as Atlas was about to say something he noticed a piece of parchment on Aaarrrgghhhh's fur and he inquired," Hey, Aaarrrgghhhh what's that in your back?" Aaarrrgghhhh seemed surprised and picked the parchment from his back and handed it over to Atlas. Atlas looked it over and said this a piece from a instruction manual and it's from a fitness tracker and the QR code required to connect to it is intact in here which would allow us to track the fitness tracker. Too bad the goblins destroyed it. Suddenly Darcy remembered and shouted," Wait, I saw a goblin wear a fitness tracker around it's neck maybe it's the same fitness tracker and we could track it." Toby took out his phone and scanned the QR code and they saw map which showed the wearer of the tracker moving frantically and this let them to the realisation that a goblin is wearing the fitness tracker.

The next day:

Mary was infatuated with her phone as usual and she spent the whole night browsing the internet and it was six at the morning. The sun would rise in a few  minutes and she thought to herself that she could get an hour of sleep and at that moment she took a peek through her window and the street lights were still on. Suddenly she saw someone riding a bike down the road at incredible speed and as she focused more she noticed that it was Jim. Jim stopped and took off his shirt. Mary was looking at Jim and she thought to herself," No wonder Claire likes him. Not only is he a good cook and has a good character but he's also ripped. He isn't very buff but he is more slender, muscular and tough. But suddenly she saw a black giant figure approaching slowly behind him and she noticed that it was Bular and he was planning on eating him. Mary was about to quickly rush into battle with her  warhammer but suddenly stopped when she saw the most  unbelievable thing ever. As Bular charged towards him he just simply jumped over Bular and grabbed him by the horn and slamming him on the ground. Mary quickly started to record the engagement as she saw Jim basically overpowering Bular and Bular was forced to retreat as the sun began to rise. Mary saw Jim's face and it was devoid of any fear as if he faced horrors like this everyday. Jim just got on his bike and left as if nothing happened. Mary forgot to take her nap and it was 8 in the morning but to her it felt as if only a few moments had passed. She got ready quickly and reached school and after 15 minutes Toby, Claire, Darcy reached school. Seeing Mary's bewildered face Darcy tried to talk to her but she quickly brushed past her and approached Claire and as she was only a few centimetres away from Claire's face she started speaking in a hushed voice," Claire-bear, I don't mean to be rude but I think there's something wrong with your boyfriend." "And may I ask what's wrong with Jim?" Asked Claire. Mary spoke in a quiet voice," I have proof but I need to show it to you all in a private place." All of them made it to a corner of the gymnasium and showed them the video. All of them including Claire was also surprised. Toby broke the silence by saying," Okay, we need to tell Jim because Bular will also target Jim now. So, he will need training in order to defend himself and his mother from Bular. We will speak with Vendel and Blinky about this. So, how about we talk with him about this things tomorrow and he deserves a explanation. After all, he was nearly eaten by a black pile of stone with red glowing eyes and big horns. He must be confused and terrified." Darcy interrupted by saying," I don't think he's even a little bit of confused. Look at the calmness in his expression as if he was expecting it or he knows about trolls." Claire cut her off by saying," Whatever it is we can discuss it later because if we don't hurry we'll be late for class." For the rest of the day all of them tried to interact with Jim as less suspiciously possible but Claire already secretly told Jim about everything that had happened and Jim assured her that it was a part of his plan. The day ended without any incidents and the sun started to set indicating the beginning of the night.

Second night:

Toby's tracker led them to the museum and they saw goblins scurrying around. They were concerned about Miss. Nomura who was inside. They silently entered the museum through the window and they were sincerely hoping that the curator lady didn't meet her untimely demise. Then they saw her in a room and they saw her conversing with goblins and she changed her form into the frightening figure that they met in the woods. Nomura quickly sensed their presence and attacked them with the goblins. Toby kept deflecting her blows and the girls were destroying the goblins. Nomura with a creepy smile started saying," I have tasted many kinds of human flesh. But a human trollhunter? I think you will be a great delicacy." Toby replied," Sorry, I'm not in the dinner menu." Toby's back slammed against a odd looking bridge which had engravings in Trollish. But he couldn't focus on that. Toby pushed her away and she fell on a goblin with a fake moustache and this angered the goblins started attacking her. Toby  took this chance to unequip his armour and he quickly got out the front gate to only be meeted by the police. Toby was relieved to see the girls flee but it was the slammer for him and he was hoping that Nomura might not tell the police about the girls. He was thinking of from who he could ask for help as he was being taken away in a police car.