Chapter 15

Saving Tobias Domzalski and educating the bullies:

After hearing Atlas's revelation all began  planning on how to save Toby and Atlas's plan was the best course of action. He revealed that a Stalkling will not show itself to it's intended target until two conditions are met. One, the target must be alone and none could remain within a 2 kilometer radius. Two, the target must be unarmed. Atlas plan is that Toby will begin going towards the quiet hill area on his bicycle as there is not many people during any given time and  Toby will go there without armour but will have the amulet on him and then the Stalkling will scoop him up from the air as drooping their target from a high altitude is their favourite killing method. Then he will grab it's leg so that he doesn't fall and then transform in his armour and then the lightning stone will be used by him to kill the Stalkling and the drop stone will break his fall. The plan was highly risky but was better than someone constantly staying with Toby for all eternity. They decided that it would be best to carry out the plan after school. The school began next day as usual and everything went as usual but how ever it seemed that Toby, Claire, Darcy and Mary were keeping to themselves and they were avoiding Jim. Claire felt hurt as she had to do this to Jim and Toby also felt hurt to do this to his best friend but he wanted to keep his best friend out of this for he believed that Jim didn't need another burden in his life. Darcy and Mary suggested to reveal Toby's secret to Jim which Toby refused  believing that it will make Jim's life more stressful. But today was different he approached Jim and said," Hey, Jimbo." Jim replied," What's up,Tobes." "Well, the usual. Hey, Jimbo can you take care of my nana if something happens to me?" Asked Toby. Jim pretended as if he was surprised and said," What are you talking about Tobes and why are you talking as if you're about to die?" Toby hugged Jim and this genuinely surprised Jim. Jim said,". Hey, Tobes I know that you are hiding a lot of things but remember I will be here to talk about it if you ever need to." "Thanks,Jimbo." Replied Toby. But their heartfelt moment was interrupted by Seamus Johnson and Logan. Seamus with a disgusted face said," Oh what's this? Twinkie fingers and theatre dork Romeo hugging eachother. Be careful Twinkie fingers you might end up smothering Romeo in vanilla cream and he might end up missing his theatre practice." After saying this he grabbed Jim by his collar and Logan was standing and watching while playing with his phone as usual. As Toby was about to teach him a lesson Jim grabbed Seamus and threw him in the floor and picked him up and slammed his face on a locker door and slowly brought his lips near Seamus's ear and whispered," If you so much as make eye contact towards my friends I will break every bone in your body and I will do it without a single thought." Seamus frantically ran away and Logan following him. Toby asked," Where did you learn to fight like that?" "I have been watching some Taekwondo videos and I  practised them every night." Replied Jim. Claire came forward and said," What have you done Jim? You're going to get in some serious trouble." "Don't worry I can take care if this." Reassured Jim. And school was finally over and Toby started riding his bike towards the hill area. His friends saw him go but in the eyes of his friends it felt like he was riding towards his doom. Jim asked," Why aren't you guys going with him?" All of them made up some excuses which Jim accepted no matter how far fetched those excuses sounded. Darcy suddenly felt a headache and in her mind memories started flashing which were Toby and her kissing, going on a date and his death she lost the balance of her bike and started crying and said," Tobias Domzalski you better make it back alive."

Toby's pov:

Toby reached the hill area and he started feeling as if something was watching him and suddenly he heard a whoosh sound and he turned back but there was nothing, but before he could turn his head around he was scooped away by the Stalkling and as Atlas had predicted it started to take him high up in the sky in order to drop him from a great height and as he reached the clouds he read out the incantation," FOR THE GLORY OF MERLIN, DAYLIGHT IS MINE TO COMMAND." Instantly Toby was clad in armour and he pointed his sword towards the sky and his armour was glowing in lightning energy which also drew  power from the sky which was channeled through him into the Stalkling the Stalkling was turned into stone but before it died it used its beak to rip the amulet away from Toby's chest and Toby started falling. The amulet was quite far away from him and due to his weight he was falling faster. He kept struggling in order to grab the amulet and finally when he grabbed it and transformed the drop stone couldn't completely break the fall because it took too much time for the armour and the drop stone to activate. In the ground he was laying unconscious with the amulet in his hand a goblin silently came and took the amulet while replacing it with a fake one which was almost identical. Jim saw these and saw that but before he could do anything the goblin ran away. He was following Toby in stealth mode and he quickly deactivated his armour and called an ambulance for Toby hit his head hard and it was bleeding and he needed medical attention as soon as possible.