Chapter 6

Back to school:

Toby trained in the forge, fought with Draal in a death match,then again got trained by Draal in swordsmanship all in a single night and he barely got 2 hours of sleep and he was exhausted to the point his face seemed like it had been turned pale like a white cloth. On the other hand Jim also trained hard but he had more experience dealing with sleepless nights than Toby but nonetheless he was also tired and sometimes he dozed off as well. Claire's night was not very pleasant either. She spent all night remastering her shadow magic spells and she finally was able to do some proper shadow magic. But the morning for her was even more hectic as seeing Claire with her hair style changed in a single night her parents came rushing to her with thousands of questions which she somehow managed to avoid and was able to get away from them. But her heart felt heavy as she felt helpless because she couldn't help Jim lighten his burden. Claire finally thought of a idea and it involved her going full vigilante. But her thoughts were interrupted by Darcy and Mary. Mary said," Wow! Clair-bear you are so deep in thought that you can barely walk straight. Are you thinking about your Romeo? Also the white hair looks good on you." "Damn Claire, seems like Lake has you completely head over heels for him. Claire said," Maybe he has." Both Mary and Darcy astonished by her answer as they thought she would try to ignore their questions. Darcy asked," Do you actually like him? Or is it because of his killer speech in the theatre audition." "While the speech impressed me I was more impressed by the kind of the person he is. He is the kind of person who will bear the weight of the whole world for the sake of others. So, that others can be happy. It doesn't matter to him if the world's happiness would require him to sacrifice his own happiness,he would still do it without hesitation." Both the girls couldn't say anything to Claire due to their astonishment. So, they changed the subject and asked if she would like to go to dinner with them in Mr.Benoit(The French bistro)and she agrees. Toby seeing Jim called," Morning, Jimbo." Jim also said," Morning, Tobes. What happened Toby? You look as if you were hit by a storm." Toby said," Yeah I took up some fitness classes at night and I have been working extra hard." Jim knew it to be a lie but decided to play along anyways. Then history class began with Mr. Strickler. After the end of class Mr. Strickler asked Jim to wait for a moment.He said," Jim I think I have started to like your mother and I would like to court her if you have no problems with that." Jim replied," Yeah,sure. Just make sure not to hurt her in any way." Strickler felt something unusual as if a chill ran down his spine but he just shrugged it of as if Jim could possibly exude such murderous aura. After rehearsal in the theatre Claire tried to confront Jim ,but he just slipped away and he was really good at it. All three of them started to prepare for the night but little did they know this night will weave the fate of two others with their fates.