Chapter 16

Waking up and the principal's office:

Toby's head felt heavy and he was having trouble waking up but he still forcefully opened his eyes and he was blinded by the light for a second. After some time his eyes adjusted and it seemed like he was in a hospital room, his head was also bandaged and beside him in a couch was his nana and she was sleeping. She seemed very tired so Toby decided not to disturb her. Suddenly Dr. Barbara entered the room and seeing him awake she asked," How are you doing Mr. Domzalski?" "I'm alive and my head throbs apart from that I feel fine. How long was I out doc?" Replied Toby." Barely 10 hours has passed and you can go back to school tomorrow." Answered Dr. Barbara. "Has Jim been called to the principal's office?" Asked Toby. "Yes." Replied Dr. Barbara. "Doc, Jim did it in self defense. He didn't mean any harm. But Jim was being bullied way too much by Seamus and Logan." Said Toby. Dr. Barbara replied," Oh, I'm not angry at Jim. What Seamus has done to Jim for the past month has left some mark and those would be enough to send Seamus to prison for a long time." Hearing this Toby was confused and surprised.

The next day:

Toby's head was still wrapped in bandages and his nana dropped him in school and his friends came rushing towards him but Darcy came and hugged him and everyone and her father  Detective Louis Scott was surprised and he shot  death glares towards Toby. Toby nervously chuckled and asked," Why are you hugging me Darcy?" "I'm just glad you're back." Replied Darcy. Mary interjected and said," We're all glad that Toby is safe. Now let go of him because you're drawing too much attention and your father will probably shoot Toby if you don't let go of him." Darcy let go of him and apologized to Toby. Toby reassured her that everything was fine. Then Mr and Mrs. Nuñez with Claire, Dr. Lake with Jim and Mr. Johnson  with Seamus and finally came Strickler. Toby asked," Why were everyone's parents here in school?" Detective Scott replied,"  Mr. Johnson has filed an official complaint against Jim and we are going to try to meditate this situation." All of them made it to Principal Levit's room and Toby, Darcy and Mary came along. Mr. Johnson instantly lashed out," I want him in jail for assaulting my son's precious face." Before anyone could say anything Jim started taking of his jacket and he rubbed a few parts of his face revealing a scar of his left eyebrow and one on his lip and many parts of his chest and stomach were black and purple. Toby seeing this got so angry that he lunged towards Seamus at an impossible speed and grabbed him by the collar and lift him up in the air and angrily shouted," What did you do to my best friend?" Seamus stammered and replied that he didn't do anything while sweating buckets. Jim while bare bodied and his strong muscles in his arms,legs and abs showing said," Let me explain Tobes. You see I have been doing quite well in my Spanish and history lessons recently and in those exams I got A+ while Seamus got A. Seamus for some reason was becoming hostile towards me. First,it was some slangs but slowly he started to hit me. The brown parts were a week old and the purple ones were just from 2 days ago and he slammed my face against a locker and I my eyebrow and lip got cut as a result." Seamus now screamed," No, I didn't do any of that." Strickler interjected in a cold voice and said," Arcadia Oaks High has CCTV cameras everywhere in the school compound and I took the liberty of collecting the video evidence." He played the videos in a monitor and everyone saw what happened and all eyes were against Seamus and Mr. Johnson. Now finally Dr. Lake spoke up and said," If you want to take this case to the court your son will be the one who will go to jail Mr. Johnson. I believe that the wisest course of action will be to drop all charges against my son. So, what will it be Mr. Johnson?" "Fine, I will drop all charges and I apologize on behalf of both myself and my son." Replied Mr. Johnson. Dr. Lake just nodded and while everyone was leaving Claire and Jim stopped their parents. Jim started speaking first and said," Mom, I want you to meet my girlfriend Claire Nuñez and it's official because we already went on a date and kissed each other. I love her way too much." Mr. Nuñez angrily asked," Claire is this true?" "Yes,papa and nothing you guys say will change my mind because I love Jim with all my heart." Dr. Lake said," I'm certain you two will make a great couple and Mr and Mrs. Nuñez why don't we let them decide their own fate after all it is them who must make their own fate." Mr. Nuñez was about to angrily say something but Mrs. Nuñez stopped him and silently agreed. Finally all of them left the room Dr. Lake said to Jim," You have a lot to explain kiddo and I want to know everything when we get home."