Zindagi Ek Safar Hai Suhana

"Murtasim, Murtasim, Murtasim utho na."

With each utterance of his name, there was an increase in the volume of Meerab Murtasim Khan.

Murtasim, peacefully asleep, woke up groggily, half mad and half worried. Why was his wife waking him up in the middle of the night? Did it have something to do with the baby? This thought had him up in a second. 

"Kya hua? Tum thik ho?"

"Mai moti hogayi hun na?"

He saw his 5 - months pregnant wife standing in front of the mirror, holding her baby bump. At this point, he could choose to tell her how pregnancy worked and die at her hands or utter a forever truth. 

He got up, still sleepy and made his way towards her, hugging her from the back while keeping his hands on her bump.

"Aur khubsurat zaroor hogayi ho."

"Murtasim Khan, ek second ke liye bhi yeh mat samajhna ki yeh kehke tum mere question ka answer dene se bach jaoge."

His brain was fully alert now, with her pregnancy hormones, his wife could go from happy to mad in a matter of seconds and he immediately thought of ways he would placate her. He was however saved by their baby, who chose that very moment to kick for the very first time. 

"Meerab, hamari beti ne kick kiya. Tumhe mehsoos hua?"

He sat her down on the bed and kneeled, keeping his hands carefully so as to not spook the baby from kicking. 

Meerab loved how careful and adorable he was as a father in the making. 

"Murtasim, baccha mere hi pet mein hai. Aur beti? Yeh faisla Allah ka hai."

"Maine dua ki hai aur mai jaanta hun beti hi hogi. Meesam Murtasim Khan. Murtasim ki Meerab, Murtasim ki Meesam."

"Naam toh pyaara hai."

Murtasim, the otherwise tough - exterior guy was soft when it came to the women in his life. He cherished them and owed his entire existence to them. His eyes held a childlike joy while talking about his daughter and it was a delight to watch him like this. 

"Tum bhi toh bahut pyaari ho", this reply earned him a kiss on the cheek and he was pulled into the bed, both of them soon went into a deep slumber with the thoughts of their child. 

I so wanted to write an angst filled chapter and even had one in my drafts but after reading your comments on my rant, I felt that it would be better to write another cute moment. Enjoy!